WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Alright, it's going under 2 multiplier if this $15m estimate holds, and even if it goes to low 16m. A 1.9 multiplier places at $315,4m, a 1.95 places at 323.7m. 

I posted a couple of pages back that 316ish will get him past his lowest multiple (Sucker Punch) but Watchmen's multi only gets tot he 323 that you bring up so yeah - 330 is likely

WHAT IF ZOOTOPIA OF ALL FILMS BEATS BATMAN V SUPERMAN????? :jeb!:

There's no spinning it, awful drop.

With that said, please be aware of the new "Poisoning The Well" rule in effect as of today. You will be banned. No warnings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm probably overreacting but I need to run a break down on this afterwards. Where SM3 ended again?

336M. With the 70%+ drop, it's going to be lucky to hit 2 multiplier. People who wanted change got their wish. Movie has imploded completely.

Just now, narniadis said:

And there in lies the problem and the reasons we had to have new rules put in place... Now to keep the "haters" ;) from going crazy with their celebrations over being right.

I still thinks its crazy that we can even talk about below 50m... 55m~ was such a great place to be

Do I like being right about box office numbers? Of course, do I see people trolling here? No. It happens with other films, it could happen with a Marvel Studios film, it could happen with a Lucas Film. I'm not a hater of neither, if it's a film that I don't like and a substantial flop could help the studio change their gears with better people at the helm,  why can't people that don't like where this is going celebrate? We are box office enthusiasts here, or at least we should be. If people that don't like the film and thought this was going under get happy for this film tanking and this is the catalyst for a better direction for this franchise, how is that a negative thing? As long as no one "poisons the well", I can't see the issue. We need to start acting more like box office enthusiasts than cheerleaders for blockbuster films anyway. This isn't SHH or CBM.com, it's a box office forum. With rules. The more we fixate at box office numbers and predictions, the better imho. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I posted a couple of pages back that 316ish will get him past his lowest multiple (Sucker Punch) but Watchmen's multi only gets tot he 323 that you bring up so yeah - 330 is likely

It will. 

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Well, it's probably going to beat it WW.  Domestic would just be rubbing it in.  :lol:  

It's going to be crazy close though and Jungle Book might be the biggest thing to keep it from happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

336M. With the 70%+ drop, it's going to be lucky to hit 2 multiplier. People who wanted change got their wish. Movie has imploded completely.

And I'm happy for this. VERY happy for this. It is exactly what the DCCU needs, and majority of fans will come around to that eventually. 

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I was asking this half seriously earlier but now I'm completely serious. Wow how fast the gap has narrowed just the past few days.

Better question is what Day (if any) BvS finally over takes Zoo in gross ;)

This is an outright disaster for Warner Bros. and they have to make a move to fire Zach Snyder.  Then from there, and I already think this is in the works with the leak earlier that Affleck has written a script, they delay Justice League and move forward with the stand alone Batman film.  

If they do that, then Suicide Squad likely does well, Wonder Woman is successful and then you get a really good Batman movie.  After all of that success has soaked in, you have someone competent direct Justice League.  

• Like 5