WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

There isn't such a thing as a Snyder's Justice League film anymore. They had the opportunity to plug that on Conan yesterday and instead it was one of the most weird talk shows ever, with the actors regurgitating the same stories they did on Kimmell and Fallon. Snyder isn't directing Justice League anymore, if they needed any reasons whatsoever to drop him, this is it. Not just the dom numbers, the China, UK, and Australia numbers and hell everywhere else. Sincerely not sure if it gets that far away from $800m. I'm not completely sure if it'd gross more than Deadpool if both hadn't China either. 

They should delay it and put James Wan or Affleck in charge imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

So 15.5?  Oh boy.

trading-places-o_zps687c4d91.gif

Id be shocked if Time Warner's stock isn't red on Monday. Film is a small component but these OS/ Friday double bombshells are eroding all the goodwill built from the opening (which did move the stock on Monday.)

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1

Is the 15M from Rth an April's Fool joke? 

I thought from last week, it shows that West Coast overperformed so that's why it trended up (kinda like FF7)

But to go from 18.5M during the day down to 15M like this is terrible. Yikes.

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

Two things we now know fairly confidently (if we didn't already)... Critics were right in their overall assessment & they likely did have an effect contributing to the negative WOM.

If I could like this I would

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

In great news, ZOOTP is looking at a ~20m weekend taking it to 275m. Don't know how Jungle Book will affect it but 40m (20*2) more after the weekend will give it 315m. If it were not for Jungle Book I would have expected 325-330m. Who knows, still could happen. Could it out-gross.......nvm.

Following Zootopia has been as fun...BvS not so much.  

Zootopia 5th weekend multiplier should be better than 3x so my target is at 325 right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clef Ment said:

They should delay it and put James Wan or Affleck in charge imo.

If I was someone that make the calls at WB, I'd pursue Joss Whedon and pay him WHATEVER HE WANTS to correct the ship. Make him the overseer like he was for a while to the MCU and now that position is with the Russo Brothers. They need someone used to films like this, a sure bet, and while I can totally see Ben doing a Batman film to the point of perfection, I feel that he getting the experience out of working with Snyder probably wouldn't help him. They need Joss Whedon, and not something crazy like the Wachowski Sisters, because while I'd love that, it's not a sure thing. They need a "JJ Abrams" when it comes to superhero films, and no one out there is more qualified than Whedon for this imho. He'll need time, they'd have to delay the hell out of Justice League for at least two years, but that would give them time to get the other films going as well. Build their solo films first and building hype for Justice League with someone reliable at helm. For the love of the fucking genre they need to get Whedon into this ship. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

2nd weekend to the end of the run mutlipliers:

Green Lantern: 2.5316

ASM2: 2.59586

Thor TDW: 2.6745

Hulk '03: 2.6757

Godzilla '14: 2.692

Furious 7: 2.7032

TIHulk: 2.705

Iron Man 3: 2.71

Fant4stic: 2.7126

Iron Man 2: 2.945

Man of Steel: 2.961

Honestly it seems pretty difficult to get below 2.6 but even going with worst case scenario of Green Lantern's 2.53 and DL's low $51.0m 2nd weekend it'll pull in $338m total.  I'd say best case is 2.65*55 +209 = $355m

Under Deadpool domestic now has a 98.3291% likelihood.

Edited by IMojammer

Wow. When my friend told me that his theater was expecting to do -73% this weekend I thought his theater was an outlier so we readjusted the numbers...guess his theater was just on track with the real numbers. 

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Is the 15M from Rth an April's Fool joke? 

I thought from last week, it shows that West Coast overperformed so that's why it trended up (kinda like FF7)

But to go from 18.5M during the day down to 15M like this is terrible. Yikes.

Deadline posted an update saying $15.5M-$17.5M. So unless they're both in on it.....

15 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

There isn't such a thing as a Snyder's Justice League film anymore. They had the opportunity to plug that on Conan yesterday and instead it was one of the most weird talk shows ever, with the actors regurgitating the same stories they did on Kimmell and Fallon. Snyder isn't directing Justice League anymore, if they needed any reasons whatsoever to drop him, this is it. Not just the dom numbers, the China, UK, and Australia numbers and hell everywhere else. Sincerely not sure if it gets that far away from $800m. I'm not completely sure if it'd gross more than Deadpool if both hadn't China either. 

It'd be nice if just for once you stop acting like you know all this shit...you don't know anything about what's actually going on at WB...just more ijack fantasies - shocking.  Bad drop though.

Edited by holcs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If I was someone that make the calls at WB, I'd pursue Joss Whedon and pay him WHATEVER HE WANTS to correct the ship. Make him the overseer like he was for a while to the MCU and now that post is with the Russo Brothers. They need someone used to films like this, a sure bet, and while I can totally see Ben doing a Batman film to the point of perfection, I feel that he getting the experience out of working with Snyder probably wouldn't help him. They need Joss Whedon, and not something crazy like the Wachowski Sisters, because while I'd love that, it's not a sure thing. They need a "JJ Abrams" when it comes to superhero films, and no one out there is more qualified than Whedon for this imho. He'll need time, they'd have to delay the hell out of Justice League for at least two years, but that would give them time to get the other films going as well. Build their solo films first and building hype for Justice League with someone reliable at helm. For the love of the fucking genre they need to get Whedon into this ship. 

Whedon doesn't need this though  If he has an itch to make another SH film the door is open at Marvel and he can probably pick his project.  But he's said he wants to create his own content for a while and make some smaller films.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Following Zootopia has been as fun...BvS not so much.  

Zootopia 5th weekend multiplier should be better than 3x so my target is at 325 right now.

Yeah it's amazing. Despite JB I won't rule out 3x. If JB wom is mixed ZOOTP will benefit a lot.

I guess DP still takes the cake as the most mind-blowing breakout of the year so far (bo-wise), but ZOOTP is a close second.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

He'll die. Someone go over to his house and just stuff him drunk for a month. 

What about Napolean? Someone better make sure he's alright if this ends up happening because God Snyder is about to come crashing back to Earth....

And if you're reading this, I'm not trying to take a dig at you dude. All that matters is you liked it. Things may get delayed but this isn't the end of the DC Universe.

If this does come true, are all those still going to doubt Cinemascore? I knew that B score was telling. I don't care how many markets were polled, that was a really bad sign for a comic book/super hero movie.

Edited by somebody85

10 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Id be shocked if Time Warner's stock isn't red on Monday. Film is a small component but these OS/ Friday double bombshells are eroding all the goodwill built from the opening (which did move the stock on Monday.)

Doing better than my Disney stock ytd.  ESPN...oy

Just now, somebody85 said:

What about Napolean? Someone better make sure he's alright if this ends up happening because God Snyder is about to come crashing back to Earth....uh oh

I've survived TASM2. This is worse, but the kid will work it out, I hope. 

WB needs to get on that solo Batflek movie and fast; because that seems to be the one thing everyone who has seen the movie can agree on. 

If they can't get that out before JL then they better hope the WW movie is damn amazing. 

They should have done MOS2 then a solo Batman movie introducing us to Batflek and plant the seeds for BvS in those two movies. Hint at the Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg in those as well and still introduce WW in BvS. 

Then go from there with the solo WW movie then JL. 

Spread that shit out a little more instead of cramming all that into one movie.