WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Kevin Smith Thinks Ben Affleck Could Get An Oscar Nomination Or Win For His Batman Script

On Wednesday, it was confirmed that actor, director and screenwriter Ben Affleck has written a script for a Batman solo movie, and on Thursday night, at the Freep Film Festival, his old pal Kevin Smith shared an optimistic view of how good it might be.

"I guarantee you he's read everything (review-wise) ... and he's like: 'OK, these are all the pitfalls my script isn't going to fall into,'" Smith told the crowd.

Furthermore, Detroit Free Press reports, "Smith even floated the idea that Affleck, who has a screenwriting Oscar for Good Will Hunting, could get another nomination or even a win for his Batman film."

Do it, WB. Correct this fucking ship. I feel there is A LOT of good will for this, regardless the portrayal mishaps on BvS, that could easily be worked out at way more capable hands.

Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

WB needs to get on that solo Batflek movie and fast; because that seems to be the one thing everyone who has seen the movie can agree on. 

If they can't get that out before JL then they better hope the WW movie is damn amazing. 

They should have done MOS2 then a solo Batman movie introducing us to Batflek and plant the seeds for BvS in those two movies. Hint at the Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg in those as well and still introduce WW in BvS. 

Then go from there with the solo WW movie then JL. 

Spread that shit out a little more instead of cramming all that into one movie. 

Agree totally. I thought a Batman and Superman film, should have preceded a Batman vs Superman film. BVS itself deserves a platform that B&S could have set up. The cameos,etc could have been spread over those 2 films smartly. Then JL (just 1 movie. no part 1/part 2) should have followed.

B&S, BvS, JL as opposed to BvS, JL1, JL2.

2 movies setting up JL would have been better than 1 movie setting up 2 JLs.

B&S could pretty much have been close to a Bat solo with Sup (and other) cameo(s) without them sharing screen-space.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

It's happening.

Deadpool is beating a Batman/Superman movie. :apocalypse:

And here I thought yesterday this would be a boring weekend. Now the fun has begun.

ls7c3W0.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Yeah it's amazing. Despite JB I won't rule out 3x. If JB wom is mixed ZOOTP will benefit a lot.

I guess DP still takes the cake as the most mind-blowing breakout of the year so far (bo-wise), but ZOOTP is a close second.

Early JB reviews coming in say it's a winner.  Zoo will be hurt by the competition but might benefit if Disney pairs it up for double feature drive ins.

I don't know what's worse. The meltdowns that are going to happen on this board or the meltdowns currently happening over at ESPN because the Warriors have lost at home. Meanwhile I'm just like :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Whedon doesn't need this though  If he has an itch to make another SH film the door is open at Marvel...

If he wants to do more superhero fare, I doubt he'd return to Marvel. The chances of him doing an X-Men project for Fox is more as he has voiced his preference for the franchise over Avengers. WB could lure him to do JL as he may have an interest in handling Wonder Woman again but this time they will have to grant him greater creative control than the last time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I don't know what's worse. The meltdowns that are going to happen on this board or the meltdowns currently happening over at ESPN because the Warriors have lost at home. Meanwhile I'm just like :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Lol the Warriors are on a history breaking end of the season run, where do you expect the slant to be? Besides historically has any West Coast team outside of the Lakers ever meant this much to the sport?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I know that feel.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-bu

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lol the Warriors are on a history breaking end of the season run, where do you expect the slant to be? Besides historically has any West Coast team outside of the Lakers ever meant this much to the sport?

The meltdowns are beginning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Golden State is my team. I'm not even sweating the loss. They've been great all year. I don't care about the Bulls record. Just get HCA and then a championship. People are too dramatic over a regular season game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Deadline posted an update saying $15.5M-$17.5M. So unless they're both in on it.....

Oh, I reached the DL update just now.

Daaaang, that's one hefty drop.

I saw that @nilephelan was here too. Maybe we can get a confirmation.

The drop does sound like a really bad joke. It's both terrible and funny at the same time lol.