WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Use March 2019 to release another individual movie. I am thinking on moving JL to the Summer. I was thinking November 2017 for Wonder Woman, 2018 for Batman, Flash and Aquaman. March 2019 for Suicide Squad 2 and finally Summer 2019 for Justice League. 

Don't delete BvS and Man of Steel from history. There is no need for that.

I see two scenarios that it could work, one of them contradicts yours,but I'll try to break it down:

The DCEU stands for Detective Comics Extendended Universe, so that includes the shows on CW and Supergirl. Warner isn't in a position of wasting any sort of good will they have, so here's what I'd do:

Fast track something to 2017 other than Justice League. This is the hardest part, because in my opinion they should introduce more characters before Justice League, and keep two films each year at the most. From what we know, Justice League goes heavy on Aquaman, so what I'd do is get James Wan to go straight from The Conjuring 2 post-production to work in Aquaman. Maybe keep somewhat of the storyline for Justice League but streamline it so it's basically an introduction of Aquaman to the public. Since there's little time, Aquaman would get Justice League's release, with Wonder Woman getting pushed forward to February, 16, Presidential's Day and a Thursday, having one DC film each semester:

2017:

Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman: 02/16/17

James Wan's Aquaman: 11/17/17

Then in 2018 it'd be the turn of Flash and Batman. Flash should incorporate somehow Gustin as a parallel Earth Flash, have both Barrys working together or just straight out go with Gustin. No time to waste good will. I'd also have Ben Affleck's Batman as the main attraction to fight back Infinity War, and place the Suicide Squad sequel at the end of the year:

2018:

Seth Grahame-Smith's The Flash: 03/23/18

Ben Affleck's The Batman: 07/27/18

Suicide Squad 2 (Around one month before the Star Wars spinoff)

2019:

Shazam: 04/5/19

Joss Whedon's Justice League: 07/14/19

Now, come to think to it, maybe a Superman film next year should be the one getting fast-tracked. There's a story tell there.

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Call me optimistic, but somehow I still think 1 billion worldwide is possible.

Why boxofficemojo didn't update Thursday's overseas grosses? It's still at 538 million worldwide, but deadline reports 16 million from overseas markets.

So, it has to be at 554 million now.  If we add these 15 million from Friday's domestic grosses, we would have 569 million worldwide.

If BVS manages to get at least 700 million or more worldwide, by the end of this weekend, I think 1 billion might happen. If not, it'll be close.

That's not going to happen. From the sounds of things in the International threads, this movie is collapsing in a lot of major overseas territories, including China. Even $900+WW is in question at this point.

• Like 1

25% of the year is done and this is already a crazy year at the box office:

Deadpool is going to outgross BVS

Zootopia will gross over 300M and is the highest grossing animated movie of all time in China

China failed to help KFP3

• Like 7

5 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Civil War will do 1.2B, X-men could do over 900m, SS will make over 500m, Doctor Strange over 600m, Deadpool will do over 750m, and BvS will do 900m and somehow the trend lines look weak? Man your crazy.

You failed to take into account production costs, marketing, and an over supplied marketplace.

But A+ for effort.

Just now, cookie said:

How are the chances for over/under Deadpool total at this point?

It's going to be under Deadpool with the weekend it's about to have. Deadpool will get to $365M+ if not get to $370M. This movie may not even hit $350M. 

Deadpool is not going to outgross BvS, let's stop with the hyperbole. About Suicide Squad, some people on Twitter that seem to be in the know are like "this is bullshit, those reshoots were planned for some time and have nothing to do with adding levity". Who knows. 

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Not always the case, but good examples. On the other hand though Facebook surpassed and destroyed Myspace, and Playstation and Xbox are at the top now instead of pioneers Nintendo and Sega. 

You mean Sony and Nintendo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grey ghost said:

CJohn is going to repost his April Fool's joke without the spoiler after this weekend. :rofl:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that 15M number :sadben: 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I see two scenarios that it could work, one of them contradicts yours,but I'll try to break it down:

The DCEU stands for Detective Comics Extendended Universe, so that includes the shows on CW and Supergirl. Warner isn't in a position of wasting any sort of good will they have, so here's what I'd do:

Fast track something to 2017 other than Justice League. This is the hardest part, because in my opinion they should introduce more characters before Justice League, and keep two films each year at the most. From what we know, Justice League goes heavy on Aquaman, so what I'd do is get James Wan to go straight from The Conjuring 2 post-production to work in Aquaman. Maybe keep somewhat of the storyline for Justice League but streamline it so it's basically an introduction of Aquaman to the public. Since there's little time, Aquaman would get Justice League's release, with Wonder Woman getting pushed forward to February, 16, Presidential's Day and a Thursday, having one DC film each semester:

2017:

Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman: 02/16/17

James Wan's Aquaman: 11/17/17

Then in 2018 it'd be the turn of Flash and Batman. Flash should incorporate somehow Gustin as a parallel Earth Flash, have both Barrys working together or just straight out go with Gustin. No time to waste good will. I'd also have Ben Affleck's Batman as the main attraction to fight back Infinity War, and place the Suicide Squad sequel at the end of the year:

2018:

Seth Grahame-Smith's The Flash: 03/23/18

Ben Affleck's The Batman: 07/27/18

Suicide Squad 2 (Around one month before the Star Wars spinoff)

2019:

Shazam: 04/5/19

Joss Whedon's Justice League: 07/14/19

Now, come to think to it, maybe a Superman film next year should be the one getting fast-tracked. There's a story tell there.

Please, don't use the TV shows, I don't watch them :sadben: 

Also, I doubt Wonder Woman will be ready to release by February. 

• Like 1

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

Deadpool is not going to outgross BvS, let's stop with the hyperbole. About Suicide Squad, some people on Twitter that seem to be in the know are like "this is bullshit, those reshoots were planned for some time and have nothing to do with adding levity". Who knows. 

:redcapes:

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Uh, it most likely is now with drops like this. Sure, it'll stabilize in weeks ahead (maybe, another 50%+ drop is coming next weekend), but....

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

You failed to take into account production costs, marketing, and an over supplied marketplace.

But A+ for effort.

And all of them will still be in the top 20 most profitable movies of the year. C+ for trying

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

What are you talking about? Deadpool is going to outgross BvS. Deadpool is going to hit $365M if not more than that. With the drop that BvS is going to have this weekend, how can you possibly see it making more than $365M? It's not a hyperbole. It's reality but let's keep ignoring the numbers.

Edited by Nova

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

How are the chances for over/under Deadpool total at this point?

As of Right Now, there's no chance to outgross DP. 

Edited by Emirazza

13 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Call me optimistic, but somehow I still think 1 billion worldwide is possible.

Why boxofficemojo didn't update Thursday's overseas grosses? It's still at 538 million worldwide, but deadline reports 16 million from overseas markets.

So, it has to be at 554 million now.  If we add these 15 million from Friday's domestic grosses, we would have 569 million worldwide.

If BVS manages to get at least 700 million or more worldwide, by the end of this weekend, I think 1 billion might happen. If not, it'll be close.

It's dropping in most markets.

• Like 1