WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

My franchise really is better than your franchise.

You know, maybe we should temporarily re-title BOTF  this ^ for the next few weeks. Would really paint a more accurate picture for potential newbies of what some of these threads have been turned into over the past week :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

For those who really want Snyder out of JL, there's a precedent.

Saw 7 ( 3D ) had David Hackl as director. Then, 2 weeks before filming, he was fired and Kevin Greutert ( Saw 6 director ) was forced to direct it. The production company Twisted Pictures exercised a "contractual clause" in his contract. Yes, the movie didn't get a delay and it was filmed as planned, even though the director was angry as hell ( I remember talking to him on HOJ ). He was set to direct Paranormal Activity 2, but then was forced to come back and direct Saw 3D instead.

So, while it's not common, it's possible. 

And WB has Ben Affleck right there. I don't know if Ben Affleck is the best choice, but he would do a better job than Zack Snyder.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, department store basement said:

If I had to choose my JL director I'd still pick Jaume-Collet Serra. It helps that all but 2 of the films he's done are for WB, and all of those but Run All Night did reasonably well.

Oh god... Oh god... Oh god.

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

For those who really want Snyder out of JL, there's a precedent.

Saw 7 ( 3D ) had David Hackl as director. Then, 2 weeks before filming, he was fired and Kevin Greutert ( Saw 6 director ) was forced to direct it. The production company Twisted Pictures exercised a "contractual clause" in his contract. Yes, the movie didn't get a delay and it was filmed as planned, even though the director was angry as hell ( I remember talking to him on HOJ ). He was set to direct Paranormal Activity 2, but then was forced to come back and direct Saw 3D instead.

So, while it's not common, it's possible. 

Sure, anything is possible. Then again, if WB did that, it probably means they've burnt their bridges with Snyder completely... and studios generally are loath to do that with proven talent.

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

And WB has Ben Affleck right there. I don't know if Ben Affleck is the best choice, but he would do a better job than Zack Snyder.

I happen to think Affleck is a better director than Snyder as well, but in fairness I think any issues with BVS or any future DCEU project are beyond any single person's blame.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lucky for Warners no one goes on that site anymore other than to check their email, the weather or their fantasy sports team :ph34r:.

Ya..who?

Thank you guys who mentioned me. I was banned for a day so I couldn't post my opinion about the numbers, sorry. I was banned for a post I made BEFORE the new rules were created, but that's fine. It was good to have this time to think about my behavior. I apologize to anyone that I may have offended in all those months I've been posting on this board, it was never my intention to bring anyone down.

About the numbers... In other news, the water is wet. It isn't really surprising that a movie this smart and ambitious is falling hard. I'm not sad or surprised at all, if you guys search my posts you will see that I never predicted otherwise. I was hoping for the best, but I was never optimistic about it having a great performance at the box office. The movie is still a success no matter how you try to spin it as a disappointment, it will make a profit, so everything's fine.

I hope WB move forward with their plans, but if they don't, it's not the end of the World. I'm still grateful we had 2 masterpieces and still have Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman coming. I could die any day soon and never watch any future DC or Snyder movies anyway, so I'm just grateful for being alive enough time to see Batman v Superman. I can't explain the incredible experience of watching this movie for the first time, and I hope every one of you are blessed to have the same experience one day with a movie you are anticipating.  :hug:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

There's this great up and coming director named Josh Trank, he'd be perfect for Justice League.

The guy who directed last year's fantastic four? You're kidding right?

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lucky for Warners no one goes on that site anymore other than to check their email, the weather or their fantasy sports team :ph34r:.

Fantasy Football, can't wait.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I hear Uwe Boll is a pretty talented guy.

What about Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. They even have experience with the genre. 008DSM_Gerard_Facchini_001.jpgAnd with Batman. 008DSM_Ike_Barinholtz_005.jpg

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

This is BOT. Never a joke that isn't beaten into the ground until dead. :lol: 

True. Considering the meltdowns I am surprised we didn't have enough of

:ohmygod:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1