WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

17 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I tried watching Heaven Is For Real because it made so much money so I was curious (plus I like the cast). I couldn't finish it. My brain is just not wired that way. I don't buy it. The dad obviously exploited his son's near-death experience to write a book about it and made up all that stuff. This confirms something I've always believed: don't trust religious people. 

Can't trust atheists either. Look at Stalin. 

Spanish inquisition

Do you take Jesus as your one and only savior

No

Burn him at the stake

Stalin USSR

Do you pledge allegiance to the communist party

No

Off to the Gulag. Dead in 3 years or less

Religion 

Join,  have faith and spend eternity in loving heaven.

Lenin USSR

Equality among people and freedom from centuries of oppression from the czars.

Atheists Lennon and Stalin were more oppressive than the czars or the Catholic Church at their worst.

Different institutions, same shit

A good little known movie I liked is called "man from earth" has interesting discussions about it. 

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Subzero said:

hmmm ok odd, because up above this page you listed BvS edning with $289, and down here you have it $379. Either way $379 is too high at this point, and S289 is too low. I would say roughly if it's lucky it will hit $350 using 2.1x multiplier after this weekend.

The $379 million domestic gross is the "average" or "typical" gross. If the movie's performance was exactly what CotT and F7 indicated it would be, given a $53.9 million opening day, then the movie would be expected to end up with $379 million. However, obviously, it is not performing exactly as the past would indicate, and my time series model is attempting to forecast a trend for its future behavior based on its over- or under-performance relative to the "average" each day. Under that forecast, as it stands right now, the movie will end with $285 million. I believe that number will raise once the drops start to level out a bit, but until then I can't correct it.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think spoiler alerts matter for this movie. Virtually everyone on this site (most likely everyone that lurks too) is never going to see it under any circumstances.

There are Christians who are members of the site who might be interested in seeing it. You never know.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Talking about atheist movies and nobody mentions Cloud Atlas??

For Shame!

Catched yesterday John Wick on Blu...here in Spain it wasnt even released in cinemas. Movie really delivered, Keanu is fantastic in the rol and the action pieces were top. Even the storyline and characters were above average. Fuck i really liked the movie. So glad a sequel is in development.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Can't trust atheists either. Look at Stalin. 

Spanish inquisition

Do you take Jesus as your one and only savior

No

Burn him at the stake

Stalin USSR

Do you pledge allegiance to the communist party

No

Off to the Gulag. Dead in 3 years or less

Religion 

Join,  have faith and spend eternity in loving heaven.

Lenin USSR

Equality among people and freedom from centuries of oppression from the czars.

Atheists Lennon and Stalin were more oppressive than the czars or the Catholic Church at their worst.

Different institutions, same shit

Religious Nuts or Athiest wacks doesn't matter. Everything boils down to Money and power ... One can say all we want, but if we were given such opportunities with so much power and $$ ... what would become of us .... can't say ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnboy3434 said:

Under that forecast, as it stands right now, the movie will end with $285 million. I believe that number will raise once the drops start to level out a bit, but until then I can't correct it.

Well... not to be rude but even with the huge drop this weekend it will be around 260 and the idea that it will collapse that much over the next few weeks is a bit crazy.

A model that is predicting 285 is a model that needs to be tweaked.

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Let's go 22 :) 

Thanks..... at least it will clear 50M now.... save some face.

Needed 55M to stay on track for 350M with the WOM it has got, but that's not happening now.

Best case scenario would be beating SM3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fake said:

Thanks..... at least it will clear 50M now.... save some face.

Needed 55M to stay on track for 350M with the WOM it has got, but that's not happening now.

Best case scenario would be beating SM3.

Yeah, ~51m puts it ~340m I guess.

Compared to 47-48m projections, 51-52m looks swell now.

6 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Well... not to be rude but even with the huge drop this weekend it will be around 260 and the idea that it will collapse that much over the next few weeks is a bit crazy.

A model that is predicting 285 is a model that needs to be tweaked.

Alternatively, I shouldn't have been using it for that in the first place. A model based on eight points of data can't be reliably used to forecast 55 more points. One or two is about as far as I should have gone. I was just curious what it thought the final result would be based on what we had thus far.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1