WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Its David Ayer. I expect at the worst it'll be pretty good.

Should be noted that the guy has made mediocre flicks before. Harsh Times, Sabotage, Street Kings. He's gotten better though. End of Watch was great and I've heard okay things about Fury. 

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Should be noted that the guy has made mediocre flicks before. Harsh Times, Sabotage, Street Kings. He's gotten better though. End of Watch was great and I've heard okay things about Fury. 

Fury is a fucking masterpiece. In the top 3 films of 2014

1 minute ago, Murgatroyd said:

So BvS probably didn't do as badly as early estimates suggested, but still, this is far from impressive.

5ahul3.jpg

That is not its long term fate as a film. Pretty good all things considered.

It will rise again like a pheonix because it is great.

46 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

Since the numbers beyond opening weekend don't get reported that much people do not seem to notice how poorly it is doing (compared to the previous films). The Zootopia competition and poor US and China dates is the main reason to be sure. But that the series had a TV-show is probbaly partially a reason yet again. I wonder what The Croods 2 will do since it had a TV series as well.

Dawn of the Croods is on Netflix and looks nothing like the movie in terms of animation.  

8 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I predict SUICIDE SQUAD to be a complete utter failure for the simple fact that no one outside of the DC fans know who these characters are, sans, the JOKER.. I think this will have limited appeal and with the title SUICIDE SQUAD, doesn't exactly scream general audience flocking to this..

You can thank GOTG for SS's existence.  And like it, SS will do rather well.

5 minutes ago, Ruthie said:

You can thank GOTG for SS's existence.  And like it, SS will do rather well.

They're not even close to each other. The GOTG were unknown, Suicide Squad has THE JOKER.

Besides, Sony planned Sinister Six before GOTG came out. If the idea of a Suicide Squad movie is ripping off something it's that.

13 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

No sugar coating, it's a huge drop. Collapsing fast. Still a major success for DCUU, tracking ahead of MCUU at this point. JLA needs to be better. BvS can still finish ahead of Deadpool. Will be a close race.

In order for it to finish ahead of Deadpool, it can't collapse. After its opening weekend (3 day), Deadpool earned $220M and counting. So it's had very good legs. BvS has a $34M advantage from its opening weekend and after this weekend it'll have already lost $5M of that. And that's without any competition. The question is how will BvS fare when other competitive movies start coming out, if it's already dropping against no competition. It needs to earn its money now because I don't think it'll be earning much once the second week of April hits. 

Just now, department store basement said:

Why do people want BvS to finish ahead of Deadpool so badly? They're both successes no matter what.

What. Aren't most people actively rooting for it to end up the other way around

18 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Dawn of the Croods is on Netflix and looks nothing like the movie in terms of animation.  

I didn't even know the Croods had a TV show. Just looked it up and you're right. Nothing like the movie in terms of animation or even the actors involved. It'll be interesting to see how The Croods 2 does because it'll have been like 4.5 years since the first one came out. 

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Why do people want BvS to finish ahead of Deadpool so badly? They're both successes no matter what.

I think you have it the other way around. And it to answer that question of why...how many people thought a movie with Deadpool ever had the opportunity to outgross BvS domestically? So it's interesting to talk about it from that perspective, for me at least. 

• Like 1

Just now, department store basement said:

If the Marvel Studios Spider-Man movie does gangbusters the idea might get revived.

(Though it's just wishful thinking)

No way is it getting made while they're partnered with Marvel, that desperation's gone for now

• Like 1