WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

7 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Exactly. DCU started off strongly box office wise with mediocre movies. They will gain dominance once they produce quality films. SS can easily do GotG numbers and JLA will possibly improve over BvS hitting 1 billion. Also have a juggernaut on the horizon with a solo Batman film. Marvel really need Spidey to return to form in order to compete with DCU after the Infinity War double.

So you're telling me that Marvel, who has been immensely successful in launching franchise after franchise, should be worried about competing in the future with DC, whose biggest film is turning into a disappointment?

Logic checks out.

• Like 17

45 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I'm surprised at how slow this thread has moved once the haters and the blind followers were locked up.... 

Good weekend over all very pleased. 

I think a lot of those who dismissed this movie and were not just trolling may be reconsidering their position. Eventually all of them will.

8 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I think a lot of those who dismissed this movie and were not just trolling may be reconsidering their position. Eventually all of them will.

NO-Gif.gif

Edited by Talkie
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Nope.

There are ZERO movies so far this year that I've given higher than a B+. I can't see that changing until Oscar season, even with rewatches.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

"Hello, darkness my old friend" is the soundtrack on WB right now. Mess. Huge mess. This week has incredible potential.

This should be the version they play.   Better than the original imo.

1 hour ago, Crossfire said:

Marvel should do a Illuminati movie, it's one of the most interesting teams in marvel history. 

Don't have the rights to Reed, Charles and Namor (I think).  

Marvel's Thunderbolts is the closest to Suicide Squad.  If MCU actually had good villians, it would be a great concept.  Villians pretending to be heroes.  They would also have to establish the heroes as "beloved" by the public, and the way CW is looking, seems like public opinion on the Avengers is split.  Thanos/IW probably won't help it.

Edited by AaronL

Some people say ridiculously illogical things in this thread that at first you thought that they're trying to be funny. But then they repeat it so many times, and that makes you think 'oh shit, they really believe it'. Which leads to the next real concern 'are they...okay?'

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, AaronL said:

Don't have the rights to Reed, Charles and Namor (I think).  

Marvel's Thunderbolts is the closest to Suicide Squad.  If MCU actually had good villians, it would be a great concept.  Villians pretending to be heroes.  They would also have to establish the heroes as "beloved" by the public, and the way CW is looking, seems like public opinion on the Avengers is split.  Thanos/IW probably won't help it.

Marvel's problem is they kill off their villains in every movie (other than Loki).   Kinda hard to establish a villain when they are one-and-done.   You won't see DC killing off the Joker for instance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Some people say ridiculously illogical things in this thread that at first you thought that they're trying to be funny. But then they repeat it so many times, and that makes you think 'oh shit, they really believe it'. Which leads to the next real concern 'are they...okay?'

They'll be okay, time heals all wounds

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Marvel's problem is they kill off their villains in every movie (other than Loki).   Kinda hard to establish a villain when they are one-and-done.   You won't see DC killing off the Joker for instance.

The real Mandarin is still out there, but as I've said before, it won't matter since I doubt they'll do another IM movie.

Red Skull is still out there somewhere too.

Edited by lancelot123
Forgot about Red Skull
  • Like 1