WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

51 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WB is 8 years late to the party. They thought they could skip the solo movies and go straight to JL and do the solo movies after that. It would have worked if BvS was well received, which it wasn't. 

I'm still of the opinion that DC should have been really ballsy, and the first movie on the slate should have been Justice League. Batman/Superman are front and center of the film, the audience doesn't need a reason to like them, they already do. Use them to do the 5 minute dump on the other members. you show the team forming, you have the second act with some conflict that we get to see how they all visually look with their powers, but aren't cohesive team. Then they fight off a bad guy for the final act. 

Because Superman and Batman are so well known you don't need solo movies for them, to get buzz from the audience. 

This brings another thought I'd love to reasearch. How many people's first MCU film was the Avengers. I know box office it out sold everything else, but how many people watched the other movies at home before Avengers to "prep" for it, or just went in and saw it blind.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

I don't think spoiler alerts matter for this movie. Virtually everyone on this site (most likely everyone that lurks too) is never going to see it under any circumstances.

This is why we shouldnt have to wait 5 weeks whatever to talk spoilers for BvS. Everyone who wants to see it already saw it.

I understood with SW cause people were waiting several weeks to see it. But this movie has no legs. It's front loaded and people rushed out to see it the first week.

Edited by eddyxx

Just now, eddyxx said:

This is why we shouldnt have to wait 5 weeks whatever to talk spoilers for BvS. Everyone who wants to see it already saw it.

For big films there's a reason why there's a separate thread for spoiler talk.

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

For big films there's a reason why there's a separate thread for spoiler talk.

I edited my post to add more thoughts but also we have to consider that the movie was released WORLDWIDE at the same time. Almost everyone who wants to see it, already saw it. The drops prove this. It was a rush out to see it movie. It's like complaining about spoilers for TWD on Twitter after a episode airs. That's why everyone watches it live. 

The spoiler policy for SW made sense. The movie was unique. Now it's overkill.

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

And most important, she has Box Office success, she's the lead actress in the most successful Girl franchise of these days, what Chloe has apart of a bunch of flops?

Anna Kendrick is the lead of pitch perfect.

8 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Can't trust atheists either. Look at Stalin. 

Spanish inquisition

Do you take Jesus as your one and only savior

No

Burn him at the stake

Stalin USSR

Do you pledge allegiance to the communist party

No

Off to the Gulag. Dead in 3 years or less

Religion 

Join,  have faith and spend eternity in loving heaven.

Lenin USSR

Equality among people and freedom from centuries of oppression from the czars.

Atheists Lennon and Stalin were more oppressive than the czars or the Catholic Church at their worst.

Different institutions, same shit

A good little known movie I liked is called "man from earth" has interesting discussions about it. 

I like how you ignore the witch trials but that's a different topic..

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm a huge Chloe fan, but I can't deny the fact that she has no talent or success  ibtzKWF.gif

She was in a movie with Blake Lively a few years ago and she made Blake Lively look like a good actress. I didn't know that was even possible but it happened. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

She was in a movie with Blake Lively a few years ago and she made Blake Lively look like a good actress. I didn't know that was even possible but it happened. :ph34r:

The best role Lively ever did was as a crack whore in The Town...hmmmm.

5 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm still of the opinion that DC should have been really ballsy, and the first movie on the slate should have been Justice League. Batman/Superman are front and center of the film, the audience doesn't need a reason to like them, they already do. Use them to do the 5 minute dump on the other members. you show the team forming, you have the second act with some conflict that we get to see how they all visually look with their powers, but aren't cohesive team. Then they fight off a bad guy for the final act.

Because Superman and Batman are so well known you don't need solo movies for them, to get buzz from the audience.

This brings another thought I'd love to reasearch. How many people's first MCU film was the Avengers. I know box office it out sold everything else, but how many people watched the other movies at home before Avengers to "prep" for it, or just went in and saw it blind.

I disagree with that because I felt that WB had something unique that Disney/Marvel didn't have. Disney/Marvel has the 1 iconic superhero with Spider-Man. WB has 2 iconic superheroes with Superman and Batman. So WB has 1 movie which is the huge crossover where Superman and Batman are finally in the same movie together. Then, they have another huge movie where the Justice League are in the same movie together.

Disney/Marvel doesn't have any character on that level to cross Spider-Man over with, and they didn't even have access to Spider-Man at the time of the Avengers. So they had to make The Avengers when they did. WB had Batman already established, and a change in actor doesn't change the familiarity with the character, as witnessed by Batman Forever's success, despite it being Val Kilmer's first (and only) movie as Batman. Superman was already established previously, but WB made Man of Steel anyway to re-establish him. That was enough for them to make big money with a cross-over of Superman and Batman.

If they went to Justice league right away, then they'd be leaving money on the table. They did the right thing by making a Superman and Batman cross-over film before the Justice League. The reason the movie didn't do well is not because they didn't do a Ben Affleck Batman solo film first or because they didn't do the Justice League first. The reason the movie didn't do well is because it wasn't a good movie.

Yet, even with the bad movie that they made, WB is still in great shape because this was just their Superman and Batman cross-over film. They still have another chance with the Justice League. They just need to make sure they make a good movie this time.