WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

In great news, ZOOTP is looking at a ~20m weekend taking it to 275m. Don't know how Jungle Book will affect it but 40m (20*2) more after the weekend will give it 315m. If it were not for Jungle Book I would have expected 325-330m. Who knows, still could happen. Could it out-gross.......nvm.

• Like 1

If BvS does 47-48m this weekend doesn't that guarantee it losing to the boss next weekend? What if hardcore henry breaks out?

The boss 35m

BvS 24m

Hardcore henry 20m

????????

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Nope. Even 900m is not a lock

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

It might not even get to $900m ww, let alone $1b. 

So bad.

Wondering if Snyder will still be in charge of the JL movies.

14 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Suicide Squad predicts have to be reigned in a bit now too. If you don't, you aren't paying attention.

Exactly.

Suicide Squad NEEDS to be a good and very well received movie (like GoTG) to be successful.

Marketing buys you the first weekend, the film makers buy the subsequent ones (Joss Whedon).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Are the $15.5- $17.5m updates an April fools joke?

That's a catastrophic drop. It means the movie will end up with just $50-$70m more than Man of Steel domestically, surely that can't be what WB was going for.

This has to be an April Fools joke (even though today's the 2nd of april

Was still April 1st at time of posts in CA.

Deadline multipliers off as usual. No way BVS does much more than 3x a SB Fri.  47.5-52m

Zoo too high too. Mid 18s

Nice hold CF.

I had a feeling GND2 would be under 10m. I went with 10m in the derby. Not even God, like lightning,  can strike twice with a shit movie like that.

Just now, Clef Ment said:

So bad.

Wondering if Snyder will still be in charge of the JL movies.

There isn't such a thing as a Snyder's Justice League film anymore. They had the opportunity to plug that on Conan yesterday and instead it was one of the most weird talk shows ever, with the actors regurgitating the same stories they did on Kimmell and Fallon. Snyder isn't directing Justice League anymore, if they needed any reasons whatsoever to drop him, this is it. Not just the dom numbers, the China, UK, and Australia numbers and hell everywhere else. Sincerely not sure if it gets that far away from $800m. I'm not completely sure if it'd gross more than Deadpool if both hadn't China either. 

59 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

I'm not sure how anyone who's watched this movie couldn't have seen this drop coming. 

Its like I said after I saw the movie. The films ending doesn't encourage you to rewatch the movie at all. It's the polar opposite of the feeling  The Avengers leaves you with. I knew the legs were going  to be terrible. It's not a crowd pleaser.