jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

10 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Having seen The Jungle Book, I can tell you it plays and $1B gross would not surprise me.

You've seen it?! Can you message me what you thought of it? (without spoilers of course)......I dying to know what people think of it! 

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:
1 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  WB  $6,435,238  -39.3%  893  +75  $7,206  $20,879,275 2

BIG drop...

I'm going by the reports from here:

https://filmow.com/noticias/20151/bilheterias-brasil-batman-vs-superman-lidera-com-queda-de-50/

It says that it's a 50% drop. 

Just now, K1stpierre said:

3.1?!?!?!  

Jesus......this might have under 2X legs if this keeps up......

And when I said this like one week ago people thought I was going crazy. :P

I need to start going to the Derby or something, haha. I have it actually at 2.01 at this point. With huge potential to lower. I think it'll go above 2x, but barely. 

• Like 1

Post-Easter second Monday drops:

Clash of the Titans: 73.9% (down 70.4% from last week)

G.I Joe Retaliation: 77.8% (down 72.8% from last week)

Furious 7: 76.2% (down 74% from last week)

Batman v Superman: ~77.9% (down ~79.4% from last week)

Edited by cookie

2 hours ago, SWXII said:

Is 3 weeks at #1 considered bad with such strong competition?

Blame WB for moving the movie to that spot.    Weren't we all saying it was crazy to try to compete with Zootopia's 4th weekend, MBFGW, Miracles from Heaven, Divergent, Cloverfield Lane's 3rd weekend, and Deadpool's 7th weekend?   How insane was it to open the week before God's Not Dead?    That's just asking for failure there.   No way a movie featuring Batman and Superman can compete.

Not sure what WB was thinking.

...Wow...I just looked and there isn't a weekend without "strong competition" in the next decade.   WB is in a pickle with JL.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Harpospoke said:

Blame WB for moving the movie to that spot.    Weren't we all saying it was crazy to try to compete with Zootopia's 4th weekend, MBFGW, Miracles from Heaven, Divergent, Cloverfield Lane's 3rd weekend, and Deadpool's 7th weekend?   How insane was it to open the week before God's Not Dead?    That's just asking for failure there.   No way a movie featuring Batman and Superman can compete.

...Wow...I just looked and there isn't a weekend without "strong competition" in the next decade.   WB is in a pickle with JL.

Conventional wisdom once claimed the earth was flat too.

DCEU will soar if they stay the course and not try to give 1980's cinema versions of bat and supes. Been there done that.

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:
1 Batman vs Superman - A origem...* 23.237.777

filmeb.com.br

I don't have access to this. It says exclusive content. :(

2 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

OH MY GOD. :ohmygod:

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Post-Easter second Monday drops:

Clash of the Titans: 73.9% (down 70.4% from last week)

G.I Joe Retaliation: 77.8% (down 72.8% from last week)

Furious 7: 76.2% (down 74% from last week)

Batman v Superman: ~77.9% (down ~79.4% from last week)

It's one thing to fall 76.2% from $59m and another falling from $51m to 77.9%. Point is looking at the percentages and ignoring the actual numbers seems to me a meaningless exercise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

At World's End cost $300m 9 years ago and Infinity War budget will be very high...

Yeah and infinity war will be  a mega movie event and do way over 3 billion ( I am talking about both movies combined)  . I mean Russo brothers directing , avengers , GOTG , thanos....the sky is the limit . JL will be a flop if Warner continues down the Snyder road .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Inside Out's 5th Monday, which was on July 20th : $1,583,304

Zootopia's 5th Monday, which was on April 04: $1,401,284

Zootopia did that on a school day. Not summer. Not the middle of July.

That's a very impressive feat.  Aside from the Planes movies, Disney Animation has been doing extremely well in the past years. 

1 hour ago, SWXII said:

Every post lately is anti-BvS. The more passionate supporters of the movie have been silenced for now. I am simply equal time.

And I will be proven right by history once the ultimate version is released. I will expect apologies. :sadben:

gnEKwps.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, langer said:

That's a very impressive feat.  Aside from the Planes movies, Disney Animation has been doing extremely well in the past years. 

Planes wasn't done by the main animation unit. DisneyToon is kind of the JV team.

Edited by cannastop

12 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Last nights NCAA title game was second most  watched ever. 

No it wasn't.  It was the second most watched college basketball game on cable.  10 million less people watched this year than last year. 

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah and infinity war will be  a mega movie event and do way over 3 billion ( I am talking about both movies combined)  . I mean Russo brothers directing , avengers , GOTG , thanos....the sky is the limit . JL will be a flop if Warner continues down the Snyder road .

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

History will prove that BvS is the greatest movie of all time that just fell upon a stupid, ignorant populace who couldn't appreciate Zack Snyder's genius. He is a misunderstood artist who may cut his own ear off one day, but in 100 years, people will be talking about human history before and after Zack Snyder, because Zack Snyder... is Jesus.

• Like 3