jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Sure, in the context of our expectations, both before the OW and after. And of course BVS is having a disappointing BO run, much like TASM, actually. But in terms of just the sheer numbers, 800m is still a lot of money. (And 50m for a second weekend is a lot of money too... it's just not enough when you're expected to be an absolutely huge tentpole).

Context matters, 600m is a lot too but everyone would consider that a massive WW failure. Even $1b WW isn't what it used to be due to inflation so let's try to temper the rhetoric on calling all the numbers "big." This was always supposed to (in a vacuum) do big numbers compared to your average studio film but relative to its genre/peers based on the opening & holds its been very meh to even bad I think we can agree there. Doing $50m more domestic than MOS with Batman, WW etc on a sheer optics standpoint tells you a lot.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

Yeah, jeez WB. How dare you be unsatisfied with a 3 hour R-Rated cut of what is supposed to be one of your flagship family franchises. It's almost like you want to stay in business or something. Don't you understand that Snyder is an arteeest?

WB shouldn't have hired Snyder to direct two of their biggest and most important films then. There was never any indication that Snyder was a family friendly filmmaker, and the execs knew that.

And yes, Snyder is an artist.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think we've collectively hated something in the last five years that I'm here. Can't remember what though.

Oh, wait, I think that's Fant4stic.

There was still one strong fan for that too....

I think they will continue with the filming of Justice League since it is so close. What might happen is during post production they might shut Snyder out and bring in their own editors and maybe a ghost director to then put together the final film. Maybe do reshoots if necessary.

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think they will continue with the filming of Justice League since it is so close. What might happen is during post production they might shut Snyder out and bring in their own editors and maybe a ghost director to then put together the final film. Maybe do reshoots if necessary.

They can't really do that, though. The DGA would crush 'em. In order to get to the point where that would be acceptable, they'd have to butt heads with him so dramatically and for so long, it would make for an extraordinarily ugly situation for all concerned. And really, in terms of the dramatic changes many fans are clamoring for, trying to finesse something in Post out of something from a very different vision, would basically yield something like F4.

• Like 1

Well I had a feeling BVS wouldn't be liked as much as people were predicting (not 29% bad though), also had BVS came out in 2002 like when it was announced (I believe it was 2002 at least) it wouldn't of done as well-remember not many liked Batty at the time.

(I still enjoyed BVS, not as good as Nolan's films but still good)

I'll probably either see Zootopia or Jungle Book next.