jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Still have Fantastic Beasts in fall too?

They do but besides that their fall/holiday slate is pretty lacking too. Storks could do $100m+ but that's about it.

Edited by cookie

22 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

So an ultimate cut of a bad film makes the movie into a mediocre cut, yes?

Or it could be even worse.  It isn't like extended or director's cuts usually make a movie better.  Generally things are cut for a reason.

1 minute ago, SoSaysI said:

Or it could be even worse.  It isn't like extended or director's cuts usually make a movie better.  Generally things are cut for a reason.

The major exception is Daredevil

Edited by langer

It's losing literally all the IMAX screens two Fridays from now. There's nothing about an ultimate cut release but one report from Frosty from one week ago. I'd say it's easier to see Snyder getting fired than Warner releasing the actual ultimate cut in large scale. Why? It has already alienated a lot of people with how violent and dour the film is. They won't risk even more negative rep out of a few screens.

3 hours ago, SWXII said:

Every post lately is anti-BvS. The more passionate supporters of the movie have been silenced for now. I am simply equal time.

And I will be proven right by history once the ultimate version is released. I will expect apologies. :sadben:

I'm sure the BvS fans are just rewatching the movie for the 5th time #SupportDCfilms

Edited by eddyxx

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$14.3m worldwide Monday. 

That's a much better international number than I was expecting... $11.2m Monday? 

Must have been though they didn't break it down.

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

Must have been though they didn't break it down.

"$14.3m worldwide on Monday" so I just removed the $3.2m US number.

If that $11.2m is the Monday international gross, then it could be headed to a much better international weekend than expected. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

"$14.3m worldwide on Monday" so I just removed the $3.2m US number.

If that $11.2m is the Monday international gross, then it could be headed to a much better international weekend than expected. 

Yeah. I did the math too. Looks like a good number to me. Don't know what the Int'l # was for last Monday. But I think it was a big holiday outside of the states right?

2 hours ago, SWXII said:

Conventional wisdom once claimed the earth was flat too.

DCEU will soar if they stay the course and not try to give 1980's cinema versions of bat and supes. Been there done that.

We kinda give you a hard time, but keep that optimistic attitude.   You'll live a happier life than some of us grumps.   :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm not too sure about that.

It's just that the optimistic people I know are never down for long.   They bounce back and think positive thoughts because it's in their nature.   We think, "They are setting themselves up for disappointment"...but it never works that way with them.    They just shrug if off.

1 minute ago, Harpospoke said:

It's just that the optimistic people I know are never down for long.   They bounce back and think positive thoughts because it's in their nature.   We think, "They are setting themselves up for disappointment"...but it never works that way with them.    They just shrug if off.

What I mean is that the guy you quoted isn't always the most optimistic person.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I did like Dominion. I'll admit.

I wasn't even referring to the quality of the movie(s)... just meant the actual choices of releasing essentially two versions of the same script by two different directors (for the most part).