kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

The Boss is ahead of BvS on Friday? :lol:

Anyways, potential choices for tomorrow: Eye in the Sky or Everybody Wants Some. Which one?

Eye

Everybody is good but kinda pointless. There's zero conflict. One of Linklater's weaker efforts (still better than many directors' best efforts). 

Can someone tell me how Blade or Steel count for the modern era? Or how Hancock counts as a comic book adaptation?

I know I only said first African American superhero, but I thought the implication was rather obvious

3 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

Can someone tell me how Blade or Steel count for the modern era? Or how Hancock counts as a comic book adaptation?

I know I only said first African American superhero, but I thought the implication was rather obvious

I was born before 1997. Am I not modern? Am I not hip to the jive, soul brother?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, washderice said:

Anyone arguing that Warner bros is cool with the overall run for bvs is lying to themselves. The last 2 movies involving batman had no 3D and both hit a billion. So now u got him with superman AND Wonder Woman for the first time, and u may not hit even 900 million? Warner bros cannot be happy with that.

another one that conveniently doesnt mention Batman Begins which made 374 million. and another one that do not get what made TDK the monster it was is because Ledger died. Its the exact same for F7 with Walker dying. And TDKR was the conclusion to the Nolan Trilogy. But whatever suits the saysayers of this movie i guess

1 hour ago, Bishop54 said:

If BvS does even close to that I'll change my user name to whatever SWXII wants for 1 month. 

will hold you to that

39 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Or Catwoman. Or Pluto Nash. Or Meteor Man.

The SNL Rewind tonight is from 1993. The Weekend Update segment mentioned Meteor Man's ability to leap out of theaters in a single weekend.

2 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

So we should hopefully be getting Saturday numbers in the next 3 hours, I suggest everyone should do the following prior to the BvS meltdown:

tumblr_nrcul1GELW1u5tn07o4_250.gif

There is something so trippy about this gif when I look at your avatar with it. She's talking to me! 

21 minutes ago, DAR said:

Is it a direct sequel to Dazed and Confused?

The ads say it's a spiritual sequel. To me the only connection is they're coming of age films set in different decades and of course directed by Linklater. Who knows maybe in ten years he will do the 90's.

Edited by Rman823

‘The Huntsman: Winter’s War’ Waging $21.3M Weekend In Offshore Bow – Intl Box Office

http://deadline.com/2016/04/the-huntsman-winters-war-opening-weekend-overseas-international-box-office-1201734673/

Universal’s sequel to 2012’s Snow White And The Huntsman is opening in 18 international territories this weekend ahead of its domestic debut on April 22. On Friday, The Huntsman: Winter’s War chopped down $4M for an early overseas total of $15M. That puts the weekend at an estimated $21.3M through Sunday. Across the bows, the film opened No. 1 in the UK, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam and Mexico.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Eye

Everybody is good but kinda pointless. There's zero conflict. One of Linklater's weaker efforts (still better than many directors' best efforts). 

Even more conflict-free than Before Sunrise and Boyhood? One of Linklater's strengths as a storyteller is crafting movies that tend to be charming and enlightening even without traditional plot structures and pivots. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Even more conflict-free than Before Sunrise and Boyhood? One of Linklater's strengths as a storyteller is crafting movies that tend to be charming and enlightening even without traditional plot structures and pivots. 

Yes. In Sunrise and Boyhood there are things at stake. Not in Everybody.