kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I dunno...... :unsure: Melissa McCarthy had some financially successful movies that were well-recevied, though.

RT:

Spy 94%

Bridesmaids 90%

The Heat 65%

Those big movies were 3 of Melissa McCarthy's better efforts.

Which doesn't makes Heat Visons point invalid though: Sandler also had some very well recieved movies. More than McCarthy to be exact. Today though...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

List of films BVS will pass worldwide this weekend.

Monsters University
X-Men Days of Future Past
Shrek Forever After
Deadpool
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
Maleficent
Guardians of the Galaxy

I can't take people seriously when they call this a flop. You might have been expecting $1bn, but it still isn't a flop. 

I agree about BvS.

Only the pessimistic people would call certain blockbusters, flops......bacause those films didn't exceed their box office expectations.

That's why i'm saying that Avengers: AOU, Spectre, BvS & the Hobbit sequels.....were not flops.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

List of films BVS will pass worldwide this weekend.

Monsters University
X-Men Days of Future Past
Shrek Forever After
Deadpool
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
Maleficent
Guardians of the Galaxy

I can't take people seriously when they call this a flop. You might have been expecting $1bn, but it still isn't a flop. 

Who is calling this movie a flop? No one is calling the movie a flop. However you're in denial if you don't think this movie hasn't lived up to expectations...not expectations set by us mind you but expectations set by people within the industry including WB. It's going to get $850M WW and as result it's run has been disappointing when you consider it has three of the most iconic super heroes in it, it opened to $420M WW and the amount of money used to market it. Flop it is not but I wouldn't call it a success either. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

Which doesn't makes Heat Visons point invalid though: Sandler also had some very well recieved movies. More than McCarthy to be exact. Today though...

Yeah....Adam Sandler had more well-received movies than McCarthy.

He had:

Punch-Drunk Love

Funny People

Happy Gilmore

The Wedding Singer

Just a name of few.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Who is calling this movie a flop? No one is calling the movie a flop. However you're in denial if you don't think this movie hasn't lived up to expectations...not expectations set by us mind you but expectations set by people within the industry including WB. It's going to get $850M WW and as result it's run has been disappointing when you consider it has three of the most iconic super heroes in it, it opened to $420M WW and the amount of money used to market it. Flop it is not but I wouldn't call it a success either. 

Listen to this guy, he's got the championship glow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I agree about BvS.

Only the pessimistic people would call certain blockbusters, flops......bacause those films didn't exceed their box office expectations.

That's why i'm saying that Avengers: AOU, Spectre, BvS & the Hobbit sequels.....were not flops.

Doesnt change the fact that all of those films were big misses of potential.  The only one that may not have had much more potential was AoU and that's more because of over expectations.

When Deadpool outgrosses Batman and Superman's first meet up on screen (plus Wonder Woman's first appearance on screen) there was heavily missed potential.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

Sandler has a shtick that he beat to death. McCarthy is well on her way towards that end result. Sadly, that's a usual occurrence for many comedians. Sometimes they manage to keep their career afloat for awhile, especially if they get attached to successful animated films, such as Mike Myers with Shrek; Eddie Murphy with Mulan, Shrek; Jack Black with KFP, etc.

7 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

Doesnt change the fact that all of those films were big misses of potential.  The only one that may not have had much more potential was AoU and that's more because of over expectations.

When Deadpool outgrosses Batman and Superman's first meet up on screen (plus Wonder Woman's first appearance on screen) there was heavily missed potential.

You mean the box office potentials or the quality potentials? :huh:

If it's both....then yeah.....people might have overhyped them.

But i don't mind......because i liked them, honestly.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

To be fair, WB never publicly stated "We want 1B". It's just an assumption by us and some of the media. 

To be fair that is true. However it was an assumption made because many "insiders" said that's what WB wanted. Whether it's true or not we will never know but I don't think the number just came out of no where from these so called insiders...or maybe it did. 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

To be fair, WB never publicly stated "We want 1B". It's just an assumption by us and some of the media. 

A completely reasonable one, considering that's what they wanted for MoS.

5 minutes ago, #ED said:

But they had to expect a bigger profit than MOS'.

It was a Batman vs Superman movie co-starring Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You mean the box office potentials or the quality potentials? :huh:

If it's quality....then yeah.....people might have overhyped them.

Box Office potential (and I guess quality too but I was talking about BO)

The entire concept of the film was one of the easiest sells in recent memory that doesn't have Star Wars in the title.  Not only that but the film is the foundation of the franchise, one that WB was banking pretty hard on given they have next to nothing else besides a few Potter spin-offs and maybe a Cursed Child sequel a ways down the road.

Let's not pretend 330m-350m DOM and piss poor GA reception was WB's goal with this film. 

The film's not a flop, but it's not close to being a success either.

• Like 3

If WB didn't aim for the moon they would release MOS 2 , for starters , and continue with solo movies before teaming up batman, WW and superman and axing the sequel to MOS . They drooled on the avengers money and tried to fast track their own comic book movie universe . If people think that they are satisfied with a bo gross that MOS2 could  have achieved , if it was good , then I don't know what to say . 

Whether or not you love the film, it's obvious by now that BvS has severely disappointed in terms of expectations not only with audiences, but with WB. You think WB wanted $900m? LOL

That's $600m away from Avengers. I'm not saying BvS should have done $1.5b, but it should have pretty easily hit $1b. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, #ED said:

After saying they wanted that for Man of Steel, and after Sony said they wanted that for ASM2, who can blame them for keeping their mouths shut?

• Like 1