kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

Serious question. Do you think this launch to their DC world was actually successful? The negativity from the critics, the mixed WOM and the legs for this movie aren't good. Yes sure it's made money but I wouldn't call this a successful launch into their DC world and it puts a lot of pressure for the JL movie to be really good otherwise the other movies after it are Green Lantern toast.

My prediction is it will do exceptional because it will have great rewatchability. Very similar to that movie called "The Sixth Sense".

• Like 1

Zootopia is really fucking special.

Do you know what Inside Out made on its 5th Thursday? That was July 23. All of the schools are out.

It made $1,505,888.

Do you know what Zootopia made on its 5th Thursday? Yesterday, April 7. Maybe a few odd districts are on Spring break.

$1,580,848.

Yes, it made more than the Pixar film did in July. It's utter madness.

• Like 13

I would love to see Zoo go over 5m but thats like a 220% increase... not impossible but very very strong for a film that has gone beyond the family / kiddie audience.

We shall see over 5m on Friday will give us a total closer to 17m than 15m.

I know the movie is bad but i still doubt Gitesh....60% drop after a 69% one, under such tiny level of competition would be completely crazy....total implosion !

Edited by Ent

2 minutes ago, Ent said:

I know the movie is bad but i still doubt Gitesh....60% drop after a 69% one, under such tiny level of competition will be completely crazy.

I mean it had no competition last weekend and it dropped 69%. Let's throw the "no competition" thing out the window because we all saw how it performed last weekend with the no competition. If a movie isn't good people aren't going to watch it. They'll go spend their money elsewhere. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

No one truly cares about BvS, whomever wanted to see it pretty much has already. 

I referenced the sixth sense above because people had to go back and see how they had been convinced that what they thought they saw wasn't what they actually saw. 

BvS is going to benefit from that same phenomenon. Just not quite on the same scale.

40 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Zootopia is really fucking special.

Do you know what Inside Out made on its 5th Thursday? That was July 23. All of the schools are out.

It made $1,505,888.

Do you know what Zootopia made on its 5th Thursday? Yesterday, April 7. Maybe a few odd districts are on Spring break.

$1,580,848.

Yes, it made more than the Pixar film did in July. It's utter madness.

Zootopia is a better movie than Inside out. 

• Like 5