CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Did someone say 'competition'? :lol:

If it's doing sub 40% against TJB, I feel it will manage that against CW easily too, for it's 3 weekends more into it's run with smaller numbers than now.

3a2derm.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Nah, musical + lack of spectacular visuals + too 'girly' = not a "monster" hit.

I think we have to keep in mind about this: the original 1991 animated Beauty and the Beast wasn't just targeted to females. Even guys went to see it at the time. And also....that was the first animated film to be nominated for Best Picture.

So if Disney is doing their best to market the 2017 live action-version....we can be looking for another breakout if it's very good.

Mulan could be seriously awesome.

With Disney putting lot of effort to have financial success in chinese markets (park&stores in Shanghai, chinese actors in Rogue One), making "live-Mulan" would fit their strategy perfectly. Imo it MUST happen before 2020.

10 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

An Aladdin remake is what I want.

Yes, please!

I don't actually buy the tinfoil theory that Disney pretty much forgot all about Aladdin after 9/11 and Iraq, but it's strange how much they have abandoned one of their biggest hits ever.

• Like 2

Damn all those Barbershop in the high 20s reports from Deadline, Variety, HR reports yesterday.  I should have left my $20m alone.  :P

I think they slightly underestimated Zoo and overestimate BvS.  Surprised Boss is dropping that much - atypical for McCarthy -  but JB, must have have offered a much better choice to women

I know that Disney is working on Mulan for sure (for obvious reasons, am I rig$t China???), but if they put the right talent on it, that should be absolutely AMAZING. Mulan is one of my favorite Disney princess movies, and it's pretty much perfect for a live action remake. I hope they don't recast Mushu, though. Eddie Murphy needs to comeback.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Isn't Disney doing some Cruella de Vil movie with Emma Stone? lol yaaassssss.

cu2x0Lb.gif

• Like 3

Funny thing is Disney obviously doesn't own all the stories of their animation hits and other studios want to produce Disney inspired movies.

The Current Little Mermaid project is not from Disney I think...

And well Warner has a Jungle Book Origins somewhere they decided to shelf for the moment ...

THere are also the Disney movies, Singer wants to do his version of 20000 Leagues under the sea.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

BVS only 13.5m away from 325m after a 9m weekend. 325m has been a lock for quiet some time now unless folks are expecting it to do 55-60% drops against Kingsman Huntsman, Keanu, Mother's Day in the next 2 weekends before Civil War. It will drop less than 55% on both the coming weekends and even below 50% for at least one of them imo. 330m is still possible. Hopefully it gets 332m to pull off a 2x. Not that it's any consolation.

edit : :P

Edited by a2knet

Just now, The Futurist said:

Funny thing is Disney obviously doesn't own all the stories of their hiits and other studios want to produce Disney inspired movies.

The Current Little Mermaid project is not from Disney I think...

And wel Warner has a Jungle Book Origins somewhere they decided to shelf for the moment ...

I bet Disney gonna be pissed when Tarzan bombs this summer, because they ll have to wait another decade to do their version. WB is practically trolling them with their fairy tale megabombs.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

BVS only 13.5m away from 325m after a 9m weekend. 325m has been a lock for quiet some time now unless folks are expecting it to do 55-60% drops against Kingsman, Keanu, Mother's Day in the next 2 weekends before Civil War. It will drop less than 55% on both the coming weekends and even below 50% for at least one of them imo. 330m is still possible. Hopefully it gets 332m to pull off a 2x. Not that it's any consolation.

I didn't know that was being re-released already. ;)