CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

5 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

They better damn not touch the iconic THE LION KING and turn into some live-action epic film. The animated film is too great and too perfect that they just can't recreate the greatness of it no matter how hard they try.

Eh

20 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

They better damn not touch the iconic THE LION KING and turn into some live-action epic film. The animated film is too great and too perfect that they just can't recreate the greatness of it no matter how hard they try.

I think there's a more mundane reason why making a new Lion King is fucking stupid.

It's not directly based on an older story. You'd just be digging up a movie that's not even 25 years old and trying to put a new spin on it. Do you want to make a new version of Pulp Fiction while you're at it?

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I think there's a more mundane reason why making a new Lion King is fucking stupid.

It's not directly based on an older story. You'd just be digging up a movie that's not even 25 years old and trying to put a new spin on it. Do you want to make a new version of Pulp Fiction while you're at it?

You see there is a reason

$$$$$

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too especially with the combination of Iron Man, Captain America, & Spider Man...but didn't Furious 7 have some effect on AOU when it broke out too? That was also unexpected and I thought it did.

But this is a different story then AOU because I think the reviews will be much much stronger. 

I don't think Furious 7 had any effect on AoU. That's not how it works. There was a fight that did take a huge portion of a paycheck that did contribute to AoU's disappointing OW (which was still spectacular) but there's no way that a movie in it's fifth weekend only doing $6.4 million affected AoU.

2 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

So... what went right for JB? I thought people were so tired of soulless CGI environments in movies lol

Er, what? Jurassic World and Star Wars were last year's two biggest films. A couple years ago, Guardians of the Galaxy was huge. Gravity did astonishingly well. The Hobbit trilogy made a ton of money. 

CG is not some fad that people are bored of...

Also, to call it "soulless" is unfair, imo. Have you watched the film yet?

The Jungle Book was......... ok. Better than Chef. Some amazing technical aspects and a pretty good score but the story and pacing weren't strong. Some fucking eyeroll worthy stuff towards the end. 6/10, 6.5 if I'm being generous.

Anyways, glad to see Disney has another gigantic hit on their hands even if I didn't really care for the movie.

• Like 1