CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:
Re. the people who were saying Beauty and the Beast will pull Cinderella #s…BATB is much more cinematic. A gothic castle, gargoyles, enchanted objects, wolves in the woods, a beast, a murderous villain. It will feel like much more of an event than Cinderella, something to see in 3D.

Wait what? Some think BatB will pull a Cinderella? Really? The problem with Cindy is that everyone already knows the story from start to finish so there's no reason to check it out simply because it's a retelling.

BatB, although a widely known classic isn't as universally known as Cinderella. And that cast alone for BatB will make sure it will pull some big $$$$$.

33 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Not saying WOM isn't going to be glowing but the audience at my showing of BvS applauded at the end too, now look how that's doing.

They were just happy it was finally over.

• Like 3

Was going to wait and Redbox JB but the reviews and WOM have me seeing it sometime next week. A couple of my friends said  it was incredible. Nice to see Disney on a deserved roll with critics and the box office. (Finest Hours excluded). 

Edited by Rman823

Geez The Jungle Book really is great. Just got back from it in IMAX 3D. The visuals are incredible. Sometimes I could tell it was CGI and other times I really couldn't. You could tell me that's a talking animal and I would completely believe you. It's such an immersive experience from the moment it starts (I know it's an unpopular opinion but I didn't feel that way with Avatar). The last time visuals blew me away like this was for Ex Machina. I mouthed "Wow" and "How did they do that?" numerous times in the first 15 minutes.

The voice work was also all excellent and the story was the closest anyone has come to retelling a classic animated cartoon in live action. Make all the money Jungle Book! You deserve it.

WOM for this is going to be insane. Got a round of applause at the end too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

That tends to happen when you go to a crowded showing.

Americans are such dorks.

Actually my theater wasn't even packed and it still got it.

Plus look up on Twitter "Jungle book cry". WOM is going to be through the roof.

7 hours ago, SWXII said:

That too for sure.

BvS should be around 820M+ after the weekend. Not bad after being burdened with a 29RT and a coordinated campaign to destroy it. Not bad at all.

Like I said : the amount of bile, hate & "lol" just come fast & furious like as if there is a net bot behind it all. It's frightening how a bunch of people dedicated to a systematic destruction of something as innocuous as a superhero movie can spread "hate" like an infectious disease.

• Like 2

Given the good reception, a 3.5 multiplier at least seems very likely (Even Home nearly achieved that). Let's say 105m OW (low end imo). That would give it a massive 367m. This will not only outgross the combo Zoo-BvS, but Deadpool probably too.

I'll just say this if you look just at the surface and see what BvS made it doesn't look that bad.  However once you drill down and find out what was spent to make and market  then it is disappointing .  That's not hate either it's just the unfortunate reality

I went to see TJB on IMAX yesterday and it blew me away! Grey is soooooo cute and I almost cried during two scenes. Sadly though it seems something was off with the IMAX screen. The image was not very sharp. I thought it's a problem with my new Imax clip-on glasses but my friend had the same problem. And nobody applauded at the end :( 

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'll just say this if you look just at the surface and see what BvS made it doesn't look that bad.  However once you drill down and find out what was spent to make and market  then it is disappointing .  That's not hate either it's just the unfortunate reality

It is VERY disappointing, no doubt. Not 'the flop of the ages' as some dudes claim.

18 minutes ago, picores said:

Anyway, before Civil War arrives we have:

The Jungle Book - 370m

Deadpool - 365m

Zootopia - 335m

Batmn V Superman - 325m

Incredible.

Let's take a moment to reflect that 2016 is starting on a very high note here.

Heh, people already decided that TJB is hitting 370?

• Like 1