CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

Folks, question that will change your life: what are the chances that Huntsman doesn't crack the top 10 opening weekends of the year so far next week?

Current top 10 sits at:

1. Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (166M)
  2. Deadpool (132M)
  3. The Jungle Book (100M+)
  4. Zootopia (75M)
  5. Kung Fu Panda 3 (41M)
  6. Ride Along 2 (37M)
  7. The Divergent Series: Allegiant (29M)
  8. 10 Cloverfield Lane (24M)
  9. The Boss (23M)
  10. London Has Fallen (21M)

If it does less than LHF, it would have done pretty much a maximum of 20M, the exact amount that Snow White And The Huntsman did on its opening DAY, nevermind weekend where it did 56M, almost 3x as much as that 20M range :popcorn:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Please no. It'll be like the PC 80s and 90s when he was only allowed to sleep with one woman and like T2 where he will only injure not kill people.

And oh the product placement. Mickey Mouse  exploding watch and star wars condoms for the one woman he hooks up with!

STAR_WARS_-_FEEL_THE_FORCE_1024x1024.jpg

Saw this at a souvenir shop when I was in New York :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

And secondly if you do want to continue poisoning the well we do have carb lunch to suspend people for 24 hours you clearly haven't figured it out yet. So talk about the numbers talk about the box office just don't be dumb about it please. Nobody wants to hand out points and nobody wants to spend anybody. But this is going on for so long.

did you mean you have cate blanchett ?  

now you may not know that reference :P 

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

If anyone gers that reference congrats

I got it ;) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Folks, question that will change your life: what are the chances that Huntsman doesn't crack the top 10 opening weekends of the year so far next week?

Current top 10 sits at:

2. Deadpool (132M)
  4. Zootopia (75M)
  5. Kung Fu Panda 3 (41M)
  6. Ride Along 2 (37M)
  9. The Boss (23M)

If it does less than LHF, it would have done pretty much a maximum of 20M, the exact amount that Snow White And The Huntsman did on its opening DAY, nevermind weekend where it did 56%, almost 3x as much as that 20M range :popcorn:

It's possible as Jungle Book will destroy next weekend too. 

I still think it'll come in at around $26 million 

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Oh damn.

I don't know if I should tell you, Zootopia is only at most 50% a comedy. But please see it! I'd hate for it to leave theaters before someone saw it, and Scotland doesn't have an overabundance of screens like North America does.

I mean to be fair while its not as all out comedy as say Frozen its still really damn funny and at least 10 times funnier than the other two he referred to as boring

55 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Next weekend should be good. I am expecting a small drop for Jungle Book and a TC record drop for Hardcore finally taking Meet Dave from the top spot. What a time to be alive. 

Why would it drop so much when there's nothing to replace it?

Meet Dave came out in the crowded summer, HH is out in the April doldrums.

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Hes not dictating.

We are. The Mods. People start fucking around and all hell breaks loose. What would possess God in heaven to make you guys wanna say the same things over and over again.

Personally, I'm interested in knowing what the current weekend numbers for BvS mean for its chances of getting to a 2 multiplier, and how they change the outlook for the final gross.

Not interested in poisoning the well or anything like that, just numbers and what they tell us of the movie's run etc.

That falls squarly within your guidelines and the thread's topic,  but his post made it sound like we should just ignore BvS in this thread because any mention of it might wreak havoc. If that's the case, that's not what I got from your mod post.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Hes not dictating.

We are. The Mods. People start fucking around and all hell breaks loose. What would possess God in heaven to make you guys wanna say the same things over and over again.

If anyone gers that reference congrats

There wouldn't be no trouble except for that king-shit cop! All I wanted was something to eat. But the man kept pushing Sir.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Why would it drop so much when there's nothing to replace it?

Meet Dave came out in the crowded summer, HH is out in the April doldrums.

I just realized there is only one wide release next week :sadben: 

• Like 1

Great for Jungle Book. 

Build it and they will come. Good and well received movies generally do tend to find a way. I don't think Huntsman is going to make much of an impact next week, I didn't even know it was being released next week.

I guess BvS will end with a 2x multiplier. I actually screamed up and down that wouldn't happen. I guess was wrong, horribly wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean to be fair while its not as all out comedy as say Frozen its still really damn funny and at least 10 times funnier than the other two he referred to as boring

Zootopia still has very little slapstick, in my opinion. Not a lot for 5-year olds to giggle at.

• Like 1

When I went to TJB last night, here's how other movies were doing before I was let into the auditorium:

BVS: Only about 8-10 people arrived 10 minutes prior to showtime. All were younger adults or teens.

Criminal: Around 30 people arrived 20 minutes before showtime, not too bad. Pretty much everyone was a senior.

God's Not Dead: 30-40 people arrived 10 minutes before showtime, all seniors.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Current top 10 sits at:

2. Deadpool (132M)
  4. Zootopia (75M)
  5. Kung Fu Panda 3 (41M)
  6. Ride Along 2 (37M)
  9. The Boss (23M)

If it does less than LHF, it would have done pretty much a maximum of 20M, the exact amount that Snow White And The Huntsman did on its opening DAY, nevermind weekend where it did 56M, almost 3x as much as that 20M range :popcorn:

There is a good chance this ends up doing less in total than what Snow White did on OW.

• Like 1