CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

1 hour ago, stripe said:

So tired/bored with all those BvS discussions. Why the necessity to still talk about it? Everything about that movie is meh for me, from quality to BO.

BvS's run is amazing in the polar opposite way  of zoo , less than 2x OW vs greater than 4x.  People are still talking about zoo, why not bvs.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

BvS's run is amazing in the polar opposite way  of zoo , less than 2x OW vs greater than 4x.  People are still talking about zoo, why not bvs.

Logic.

They hates it.

So we've just seen the 3rd 100M+ debutant of the year, after Deadpool and BVS. Currently, the record of most 100M openers is being held by last year w/6 (Star Wars, Jurassic World, Age Of Ultron, Furious 7, Minions and Mockingjay 2). W/half that number matched without even breaking into Summer season, is it safe to say that 2016 will comfortably break that record? We've already got Deadpool, BVS and Jungle Book. Civil War, Finding Dory and Rogue One are locks for 100M+ too. So, w/a few breakouts here or there (I'm imagining something like Suicide Squad, or maybe, just maybe, Independence Day), it could become #1.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

So we've just seen the 3rd 100M+ debutant of the year, after Deadpool and BVS. Currently, the record of most 100M openers is being held by last year w/6 (Star Wars, Jurassic World, Age Of Ultron, Furious 7, Minions and Mockingjay 2). W/half that number matched without even breaking into Summer season, is it safe to say that 2016 will comfortably break that record? We've already got Deadpool, BVS and Jungle Book. Civil War, Finding Dory and Rogue One are locks for 100M+ too. So, w/a few breakouts here or there (I'm imagining something like Suicide Squad, or maybe, just maybe, Independence Day), it could become #1.

Rogue One is not a lock. Not even Finding Dory. Only Civil War.

With this I am not saying those won't make 100M OW, I am pretty sure they will. I am just saying they are not locks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

With this I am not saying those won't make 100M OW, I am pretty sure they will. I am just saying they are not locks. 

I disagree w/that, I think they are locks indeed. Finding Dory is the sequel to one of the most beloved animation films of all time, has a heavy nostalgiarific feel to it thanks to the 13 years of distance from Nemo (TS3 was separated 11 years from TS2, and that didn't hurt it), will probably have TONS of publicity steeming from Ellen alone, and it's by far the biggest animation tentpole of the year. Whereas Rogue One... it has Star Wars in the name. And it has Darth Vader in it. That's all you need to know.

We'll just agree to disagree, though :P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Antz made 170 mil worldwide on a 105 mil budget. If it's a "moderate success" then so is The Good Dinosaur

That must have lost money for Dreamworks, luckily The Prince of Egypt which cost less made more money. 

1 hour ago, ThatOneGuy said:

So, a bit off topic, but I think I've found a pretty good way to predict scores for movies on RT before they get released.  Basically, it works like this:

-Compile together every director, writer (only counting people who wrote the final script), producer, and main 6 leading actors in the film.

-Go through each of their filmographies.  Give a point whenever a film they produced, wrote, directed, or acted in got a positive score on RT.  Give a penalty point (-1) when there was a negative score.

-Don't count TV series, TV movies, films labeled as "video" on IMDb, non-theatrical documentaries, or films where they were uncredited in.  If it says "additional screenplay material" for a writer or something like that, it's still fair game.

-If the film doesn't have a score and has no reviews, no points will be added or removed.  However, the film still does not count if there's 4 or less reviews.  There has to be at least 5.

-If a film ends in the positive numbers, then that means it ends being fresh.  If it's in the negative numbers, it ends being rotten.

This might not end up being perfect, but it's worth a shot.  If you guys want me to try this out on any future films, then please let me know.

:ohmygod:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Rogue One is the most stone cold lock of the entire list.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, nilephelan said:

Rogue One is the most stone cold lock of the entire list.  

It is my opinion. Nobody is forced to agree with it.