CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

4 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

And not even the cool kind of nerdiness. I'm talking that classic, original nerd shit where you just sit around obsessing over stuff that doesn't even matter. 

Bro, who gives a shit? If you think this place is irredeemably cringe-worthy you can log out.

2 minutes ago, Flyingcow29 said:

Theater was mostly empty while getting concessions and stuff...so I was in no hurry seeing as how we were 40 minutes early. Went into take seat with 30 minutes left. Place is nearly filled. Deceiving.

But how empty was the parking lot? That's more important and indicative. 

Just now, cannastop said:

Bro, who gives a shit? If you think this place is irredeemably cringe-worthy you can log out.

Calm down, I'm just self-reflecting over here. Cuz I've been balls deep in this stuff for almost five years.

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

Actually it's better to enjoy Fight Club for "shallow reasons". I've seen dudes who look at that silly movie like it's their Bible and it's very creepy. 

Let me guess. They start their own fight club.

That doesn't mean they appreciate the movie for non-superficial reasons.

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yup, bad rain here as well in OC. Off to the airport to catch a flight currently. Hopefully the flights are not delayed.

What? I'm in the OC and the sun is shining brightly. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm just now starting to realize how desperately nerdy all this box office stuff is. 

Let's be serious. You checked out a long time ago.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Calm down, I'm just self-reflecting over here. Cuz I've been balls deep in this stuff for almost five years.

Why don't you self-reflect by yourself? If you feel like you have wasted the last five years of your life here, then you have some things you clearly need to work out alone. Box Office is just for fun. If it isn't fun for you, then move on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

The thing is it didn't use to be this way. Where's the appreciation for successes that arent surprises or record breakers? 

Too many fanboys have ruined the experience.

15 minutes ago, theultimatebiu said:

So everyone got swept by the hype and assumed $200m+ weekend? I think this number is great.

I think we have hit the peak of Marvel's audience retention.  It will probably last a few more years and then we will have a slump.

Not everyone. But quite a few I guess. Even the box office sites were reporting it.

But hey. The weekend is not over.:lol:

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

NOON UPDATE: Captain America: Civil War‘s matinees are currently tracking 10% to 13% behind Avengers: Age of Ultron putting the Disney Marvel title on track for a $75M-$80M Friday and a projected weekend at this point of $178M-$188M. While that’s under Ultron‘s $191.27M , man, that’s really not something to cry about. Should Civil War hook that opening, it will make it the fifth highest domestic opening of all-time ahead of Iron Man 3‘s $174M.

I have a feeling this might be the opposite of AOU based on Flixster and we just might see estimates start to rise instead of fall for tonight. But who knows!

WOM seems amazing. The movie deserves it. Will be fun to watch what it does.

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

D.

Civil War was just a trailer/filler to Spiderman Homecoming, Black Panther & Avengers 3 & 4? 

lol

Just now, ecstasy said:

Not everyone. But quite a few I guess. Even the box office sites were reporting it.

But hey. The weekend is not over.:lol:

I saw BO.com prediction of 214M for OW and I wondered if things are ok over there. 

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I have a feeling this might be the opposite of AOU based on Flixster and we just might see estimates start to rise instead of fall for tonight. But who knows!

WOM seems amazing. The movie deserves it. Will be fun to watch what it does.

Civil War was just a trailer/filler to Spiderman Homecoming, Black Panther & Avengers 3 & 4? 

lol

Maybe they just seen the end credit scenes.

Edited by Rman823