CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

40 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Under 400m club gonna be close. 

Hersey may show up and defeat us though

$400M domestic? Way too early to say anything on that front.

Unless you mean $400M for the WW weekend. 

13 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

This is 1 time where Rth is going to be way off on this.. Sorry, but it's true.. This is 2012 all over again where all the box office experts were so certain TA would gross 150M OW that it went ton to gross 207M OW and for that, you're not perfect and you get it wrong like the rest of them.. This won't be any different either...

BKB won't listen to reason. Or the truth

• Like 2

Okay, objectively $180 million is good number. no one is doubting that. but at the same time, Iron Man 3 a solo film opened to $174 million 3 years ago. this felt like a much bigger event and is a much better movie. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rman823 said:

I was worried about the guy behind me last night.  During the whole opening scene he would not shut up. Thank God after the Marvel logo he got quiet. You could tell he was an annoying guy. As everyone stayed for the credit scenes he was screaming out come on the movie's over why are you still here. The sad thing is he was like in his late 30's. 

Sounds like special needs.

Moderation Note: We have a spoiler policy in place. Gifs from the movie count as a spoiler, especially since a lot of people don't watch trailers. Kindly refrain from using gifs from Civil War, all other Marvel movies are fair game.

I have personally had people complain to me about being spoiled by gifs, so please don't use them in this thread.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Okay, objectively $180 million is good number. no one is doubting that. but at the same time, Iron Man 3 a solo film opened to $174 million 3 years ago. this felt like a much bigger event and is a much better movie. 

I still feel this is gonna over perform initial and sail past 180m.

Maybe it's the BKB in me...none of us will admit it, but we've all got a little of it in us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Bullshit.. DEADLINE when that Goof Nikki was there was saying "It's not a record" and projected 150M OW and went on to gross 207M OW further killing her credibility and her in general...

So, that's one box-office "expert",not all of them as you stated before.

Not that many people at my showing. Decent amount people there afterwards for a 7PM. 

Overall I liked the movie

3/5

GotG

CA WS

IM

IM3

CA CW

Avengers 2

Avengers 

Ant-Man

Thor 

IM2

TIH

Thor 2

CA 1

8 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Imo if this film called Iron Man 4:Civil war i think it wouldve fare better overseas. Personally i wouldve love to watch it from tony pov 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kowhite said:

I still feel this is gonna over perform initial and sail past 180m.

Maybe it's the BKB in me...none of us will admit it, but we've all got a little of it in us.

I mean, we'll see if this can get close to AOU's number, which I think would be more reasonable given the better reception and all the character in the movie but if it opens just slightly higher than IM3, I think people are justified in being disappointed?

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

BKB is now like Inception, he's a parody within a parody within another parody. The deeper you go, you finally hit limbo & are screwed forever.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Whoa! That's going in the wrong direction, lol.

I want to know what these people are like in real life. Do they say these things to friends and family. "So today I told a go to fuck off Twitter since he is predicting a 180m OW"

21 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

This is 1 time where Rth is going to be way off on this.. Sorry, but it's true.. This is 2012 all over again where all the box office experts were so certain TA would gross 150M OW that it went ton to gross 207M OW and for that, you're not perfect and you get it wrong like the rest of them.. This won't be any different either...

BKB, you've been around the box-office far too long to act like such a noob about this. 

• Like 6

Plus it's a solid start to the summer 2016 box office season. Plus next weekend will be amazing because pretty much Captain America is the only film out, Money Monster will be a decent movie but will probably earn between $8-10 million OW. Make $25-27 million domestic total. Sony will make some more $$$ with Angry Birds the next weekend. Also, The Darkness looks like a laughable completely utter shit flick, if I want to see Kevin Bacon in a horror film I"ll watch Hollow Man or Tremors instead.