CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'd like to say...I thought Corey Stoll was alright in Ant Man.

He wasn't a good villain exactly, but I like Corey Stoll.

I thought he was a solid villain that fit the movie. Some suitable Stoll crazy.

I have a question with no real answer, just curious what everyone thinks. If this was called "Avengers: Civil War" instead of Captain America, how much would that effect the box office for the OW? I'd say it could add another $10-$15 million based on casual Avengers-not-really-Cap fans. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Yeah before he actually became Red Skull he was pretty tight. But after I could not take him seriously. The character turned into a cartoon and looked like one too.

All I remember was he made a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark and I got excited. And then he turned into bland megalomania.

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Boo!! You should watch them both. At the same time.

I can't do it. I just took a 2 hour nap. I can't waste more of my day.

So in the words of that dude from Game of Thrones

"What do we say to Fant4stic and Thor: The Dark World? Not today."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I found him quite attractive. Bald and all. 

Like Sam Rockwell, I have a full head of hair, but I feel for that man.

Glad to see the chicks dig him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

@Telemachos How are you feeling old man? How's your wife and kid? 

And oh, when will you see the movie? 

We're all on the upswing, thanks. It's kinda a rainy weekend in LA so we're not doing anything -- just hanging out. 

I'll probably see it in a couple of weeks. My wife doesn't have any interest in it, and schedule-wise I can't really squeeze a show into a weekday until I go on hiatus. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I can't do it. I just took a 2 hour nap. I can't waste more of my day.

So in the words of that dude from Game of Thrones

"What do we say to Fant4stic and Thor: The Dark World? Not today."

That dude from GoT made a wise point. 

• Like 1

I recently passed by an episode of Girls and caught a glimpse of Corey Stoll in a crazy sex scene with Andrew Rannells in which he was doing him like a mad man. From Marvel villains to crazy gay guys: now THAT is acting.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

We're all on the upswing, thanks. It's kinda a rainy weekend in LA so we're not doing anything -- just hanging out. 

I'll probably see it in a couple of weeks. My wife doesn't have any interest in it, and schedule-wise I can't really squeeze a show into a weekday until I go on hiatus. 

Great to hear that. 

Rainy days are lazy days. And staying in to chill is great long as you're with your loved ones. 

That's good you're not seeing it early. Cause if you like it, I don't think I can handle the betray and shock, not this soon after Baumer's GOTG declaration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Was it too rainy? Was it too sunny? Mother's Day? Do women even like this stuff? Avengers or Captain America movie? Were people confused? Did it screen too early? Maybe the great reviews actually HURT it? No Hurt bounce? Or did it? What is God?

What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Dont hurt me. No more.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Did you get that platinum yet or what?

For Dark Souls? I beat the game, but I don't think I'm going for the platinum any time soon if at all. Getting all the rings and stuff sounds like a pain in the ass, so I'm good with getting 70% of the trophies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

For Dark Souls? I beat the game, but I don't think I'm going for the platinum any time soon if at all. Getting all the rings and stuff sounds like a pain in the ass, so I'm good with getting 70% of the trophies.

But is it more of a pain than platinuming Arkham games and having to deal with all the Riddler bullcrap?

1 hour ago, StarSaber said:

Shrek is love.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Shrek is life.

Mandatory repost

It's all ogre now.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

My XBone is taking ages to download a game update, so I ended up watching the final half-hour of Iron Man 3 and all of Thor. I don't regret it.

Only the final half of Iron Man 3? That means you missed Legend Trevor. What a shame. 

But there's Branagh to make up for it. So not bad. 

35 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

Maybe so, but that was a first for me (I like  watching movies before noon to beat the crowd and never really had issues with tickets and crowds).

You've never seen a busy film at around noon?  Have you never been to the theater over the Christmas holidays?