CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, mredman said:

So is this headline for reals :wacko::lol: only a cap movie yeah sure it is with

Iron Man

Spider-Man

Black Panther

Scarlet Witch

Vision

Ant-Man

Hawk Eye

Black Widow

i am sure i am missing some

It was marketed as a VS movie all that Team Cap and Team Iron Man. If BvS is more than a MoS sequel that only had Batman and 10 min of Wonder Woman but it was not a MoS sequel even if it continue right after MoS. While Civil War has all these characters. Its basically an Avengers movie anyone saying anything else is just admitting defeat.

i agree with you. This is a clear Avengers movie and that is what everyone was saying beforehand.  I mean the number is fine but let's not revise history now 

I wish it was just a solo Cap movie. :lol: 

This isn't getting a 3x multiplier, btw. But that's not a knock on its quality -- it's the second sequel of arguably two sub-franchises and it has a lot of upfront demand. It'll do something like a 2.55x. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm sorry folks, But I've done all I can and have thrown in the towel on this.. Baumer wins our bet and I'll gladly donate $50.00 on Friday.. This sucks and I'm bummed out about this.. I think my TFA 230M OW Club went to my head in thinking lightening could strike twice here, but I'm afraid too many of these movies released so close to one another killed this.. Go ahead and light me up folks.. I've got this one coming..

5Bhyq6.gif

although I never thought $225m was going to happen, I was silently rooting for that club. oh well, at least we got an amazing movie. 

Edited by Kalo

Great numbers. "Just a solo Captain America" movie my arse though. It definitely was marketed around here as an Avengers movie and that's how the GA reacted to it, hence the numbers. If it had been marketed purely as the next Captain America movie it wouldn't have made these great numbers so far.

I expect and hope for better legs than most Marvel movies as well as this is one of the best and on par with the first Avengers.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

With fellow MCU Mother's Day opening weekend multipliers:

IM2: 25 + 50.23 + 52.74 (+5%) + 35.86 (-32%) = 163.83M

Thor: 25 + 50.23 + 51.73 (+3%) + 37.76 (-27%) = 164.72M

Seems a bit low, so I tried what is closest comparision to it at this point:

Iron Man 3: 25 + 50.23 + 59.27 (+18%) + 47.41 (-20%) = 181.91M

4 SHs in CW have had solo movies - IM, CA, SM*, AM - same as TA/AOU - IM, CA, Thor, Hulk

*outside MCU, but with 5 solo movies (the highest in Marvel) was obviously one of the big crowd pullers in CW

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Personally..... I don't think $75M OD for CA3 is bad at all.

it isn't but everyone blow it out from proportion with hype. including BO analysists. I guess there is some superhero fatigue after all. I wonder if it would have opened higher if BvS was better received... 

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I wish it was just a solo Cap movie. :lol: 

This isn't getting a 3x multiplier, btw. But that's not a knock on its quality -- it's the second sequel of arguably two sub-franchises and it has a lot of upfront demand. It'll do something like a 2.55x. 

Are you saying this won't hit 500m DOM then? If it opens to 180m it will need a 2.77 multi to get to over 500m DOM.

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Personally..... I don't think $75M OD for CA3 is bad at all.

It's not. I just think it could have done more with all the great buzz and reviews.

13 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm sorry folks, But I've done all I can and have thrown in the towel on this.. Baumer wins our bet and I'll gladly donate $50.00 on Friday.. This sucks and I'm bummed out about this.. I think my TFA 230M OW Club went to my head in thinking lightening could strike twice here, but I'm afraid too many of these movies released so close to one another killed this.. Go ahead and light me up folks.. I've got this one coming..

5Bhyq6.gif

It was a valiant fight BKB. But still, the film is gonna beat Iron Man 3 OW (and DOM as well) which had the maximum Avengers boost of any film in the MCU post-Avengers. You can take heart in that. Plus it's getting stronger reactions than Ultron, so maybe it will beat Ultron DOM as well.

• Like 5

Just now, Arlborn said:

Are you saying this won't hit 500m DOM then? If it opens to 180m it will need a 2.77 multi to get to over 500m DOM.

It's still possible I suppose. that is probably the max multiplier I could see it having, Tele has a point, this movie had a ton of upfront demand and it has a competitive next few weeks coming up. even I can't see it having a 3x multiplier, though. but 2.7x? maybe it's about what WS had.