CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's gonna be pretty exciting when we have two MCU movies over 300M domestically next year.

All three films have ridiculous range next year. Think Hulk's co-lead status in Thor 3 is gonna do wonders for it's marketing. And then obviously Spidey and GOTG should be big

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Don't give marvel too much credit. They had nothing to do with the awesomeness of Doc Ock in Spiderman2. That's all on Sam Raimi

You should know which movie is MCU and which isn't. MCU villains have mostly been lame or bad barring loki in Thor and to some degree in TA. Red Skull was decent too. 

Red Skull was terrible.:lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Why would you force yourself to get hyped for anything?

Maybe that was the wrong word to use. What I meant, is I wasn't as excited for The Jungle Book as I was before because I was so focused on the early amazing reviews of Civil War.

It was like, Jungle Book is out and that is getting crazy good reviews too but I just want to see Civil War now lol. All the popular Youtube reviewers were already doing reviews of it besides Stuckmann. It was hard to focus attention away from Civil War and get hyped about Jungle Book again.

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Can we stop this "which type of movie is it?" discussion already? It's been going on for ages. :dunce:

No. Let's continue.

Is Gravity sci-fi? 

• Like 1

Everyone saying this is straight up cap movie and not Avengers 2.5 like ok then I guess BvS is a s straight up Superman sequel both movies opened bigger and grossed more then their predecessor it is a win for everyone. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sam said:

No. Let's continue.

Is Gravity sci-fi? 

In the sense that Sandra Bullock would have been deader than shit in real life? Yes. Otherwise, it's... science adventure? Science thriller? Who the Hell knows?

5 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

FWIW I watched this again at 12pm, standard screening, and it was 95% full with the audience applauding in the end. As we were leaving, there was a line outside already for the next show.

(Actually tried to catch the 11:30am one but it was sold out.)

This is going to make about 55-60 million today.  Scenarios like the one you describe here are normal, not surprising.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theStun said:

Everyone saying this is straight up cap movie and not Avengers 2.5 like ok then I guess BvS is a s straight up Superman sequel both movies opened bigger and grossed more then their predecessor it is a win for everyone. 

Well, that largely depends on what each one ends up making in the end vs. how much each of them cost.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

DORY's going to disappoint a great many people at the box-office. 

Still can't believe they didn't put out a full trailer with Jungle Book

Like it's two teasers. WTF

Had Civil War not screened so early my focus would have been purely on Jungle Book during that week.

But since people had seen it and it was something I was looking forward to more, my attention was more with Civil War even though it didn't come out for awhile.

So Jungle Book (which I had in my top 10 most anticipated) despite the great reviews was kind of just there as a stepping stone to get to Civil War (which was way higher up on my list)...which was cool because that allowed me to be blown away by it when I did see it that weekend.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

One of the more confusing comments I've read as well.

Sorry I tried to clarify what I meant in additional comments. Forced wasn't the right word. I just wasn't as excited for Jungle Book as I was before the first Civil War reviews came out because they kind of stole my attention away. I wanted to see Civil War at that point, not Jungle Book lol. So by "forcing myself to get hyped up" meant I had to get excited about seeing Jungle Book again because I was following everything Civil War related that week.

Make more sense?

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

The amount of salt in this thread. :lol:

You would think it's the aftermath of the Third Punic War.

@Telemachos would know, he was present at the Senate meetings where Cato the Elder would finish every speech with "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam."

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Compared to Malekith, Ronan, ultron, antman villain etc, he was better. But yeah still bad. 

Ultron is better than all of those. He at least had personality and some good lines, something that can't be said for Ronan or Malek I think. I don't mind Yellowjacket on second viewing. 

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Compared to Malekith, Ronan, ultron, antman villain etc, he was better. But yeah still bad. 

LOL you got me there. You can throw the guys in IM3 in there too. Killion not Trevor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

You would think it's the aftermath of the Third Punic War.

@Telemachos would know, he was present at the Senate meetings where Cato the Elder would finish every speech with "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam."

Is this where I'm supposed to pretend I know what the Punic War is? Sounds like an ancient civilization.