CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

East coast did their part. Let's see what West Coast gonna do.

I'm doing my part. Heading out for dinner before showing. And tomorrow as well.  Sister in law finished WS and I think Ant-Man tonight, so she says she's ready to go tomorrow.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looked at last year's Ultron thread, and before it all went to pieces with the fight, Rth had come in telling us it was headed to a 63-67M Saturday. So with Civil War pretty much doing 10% of Ultron's tracking it should come in around 57.5-60M.

I think no fight will let Civil War have a lighter Sat drop and harsher Sunday one.

Something to take into consideration, Marvel is going to end up with the #3, 4, 5, and 6 OWs of all time.  That shows some pretty strong consistency right there and that's only a great thing for Marvel.  It's one thing to have a mega-hit, it's another thing else to have a consistent franchise that releases 2 movies every year.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How could anyone hate this scene?

I was severely underwhelmed by Shrek. A burping misanthrope of an ogre and a reheated Mushu weren't nearly as interesting as the fractured fairy tale world they inhabited. 

Shrek 2 took me by complete surprise. I loved it. It fixed some of the balance by exploring the fairy tale world more, though most importantly it was just a funnier, more interesting film. That scene is also my favorite part of the film. "Not the gumdrop buttons!" Oh you kill me Gingerbread Man.

7 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

I'm doing my part. Heading out for dinner before showing. And tomorrow as well.  Sister in law finished WS and I think Ant-Man tonight, so she says she's ready to go tomorrow.  

Damn, 3 times on OW, WileE? Such dedication! And I haven't even gotten my 2nd viewing in yet.  

I don't wanna deal with big crowds today so gonna aim for matinee tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Don't know, grim said it was behind in views so I'm taking his word :lol: 

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

Pretty much how I feel. 

Are you comparing at the same point in time? :redcapes:

4 days after the Ant-Man trailer released, we got this press release from Marvel: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/09/ant-man-trailer-marvel-paul-rudd

EW can exclusively reveal that the teaser trailer for the Paul Rudd-starring Ant-Man has attracted 29 million global views since it debuted last Tuesday. According to Marvel, that’s a higher figure than the trailer premiere for last year’s Guardians of the Galaxywhich you may recall made a dollar or three at the box office. It’s a higher number of views than was garnered by the trailers for any Marvel film, excluding Iron Man 3 and the most recent Avengers clip

Nothing from Doctor Strange yet even after 5 weeks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

This forum sucks. The fact that some are disappointed with this is fucking ridiculous.

Well the Trades (Marvel Machine) got everyone hype with their overzealous 200M+ OW Prediction that anything less feel a tinge disappointing.

Looking at it objectively, This is opening slightly ahead of where the tracking (170M) had it before the unnecessary 200M predictions. 

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Think I might watch FANT4STIC tonight now that it's on HBO, God have mercy on my soul.

I tried. I really did. Just to see how big of a trainwreck it is. But I simply can't stand Teller's face. And I don't want my screen to be damaged, so I gave up maybe half an hour in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

I tried. I really did. Just to see how big of a trainwreck it is. But I simply can't stand Teller's face. And I don't want my screen to be damaged, so I gave up maybe half an hour in. 

actors-miles-teller-jessica-chastain-chr

I think all the Shrek Movies are horribly dated. I like the first 2 when they came, but they did not age well at all. I find them to be pretty much unwatchable now. 

Just got a text from RTH

He says a quick look has the Saturday right now trending at 58-60.

So same as Gitesh

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I actually liked it more than a certain vs movie. Not by a lot though. Still sucked. Since I'm apparently a masochist, I watched London Has Fallen right after it. 

• Like 1