CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

I think the previews for this will be lower than what people are expecting, which will then cue the initial wave of meltdowns.  

Then on Friday RTH will swing by and give a very, very early Friday numbers (like it's only 3pm on the west coast), to which people will reply with "crisis averted!" or some variation thereof.  Folks would stop by with their own sellout counts from their local cinemas, people go through Twitter and post pics by other people long lines outside theaters (or lack of).  We grasp at these info until we get new numbers.

Then that estimate is contradicted by Deadline's early Friday numbers, which is higher than RTH's, and people break out the champagnes.  But RTH stops by after midnight, with an estimate that's quite a bit lower than very early initial numbers that he gave.  Then the second wave of meltdown happens.

The official Friday numbers are released just before noon on Saturday and it's not what people expect/wanted.  Cue third wave of meltdowns.

By Saturday night, everyone's tense.  CW has a much-better-than-expected Saturday per early estimates, people rejoice.

Lather, rinse, repeat on Sunday and Monday.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I know we're not supposed to discuss spoilers but I don't understand how Bigfoot becomes part of team Captain America and I didn't think it was possible for DC characters to show up in Marvel movies.  :P

Isn't it obvious? After You Know What happened earlier this year, DC sold the rights of their characters back to Marvel. :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Isn't it obvious? After You Know What happened earlier this year, DC sold the rights of their characters back to Marvel. :ph34r:

The scene where Affleck meets with RDJ and they go out of character to poke fun at the younglings in the cast was my fave.

What about that scene with Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Wonder Woman? My eyes were very pleased by that :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

O/U the number of bans this weekend? I'll set the line at 2.5.

Bigger question: will John C-Nah return? :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Heh, I think it won't be a bad weekend. iJack returns on Monday, tho, so maybe 5 on the full opening week? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The scene where Affleck meets with RDJ and they go out of character to poke fun at the younglings in the cast was my fave.

What about that scene with Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Wonder Woman? My eyes were very pleased by that :ph34r:

My eyes weren't the ones pleased by that. g-Tzm-cc.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Heh, I think it won't be a bad weekend. iJack returns on Monday, tho, so maybe 5 on the full opening week? :ph34r:

Why do you think BKB wants you guys gone this weekend? Madness is afoot :lol: 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Why do you think BKB wants you guys gone this weekend? Madness is afoot :lol: 

Everything is going to be fine. This won't bomb with a 190M OW :ph34r: