CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Didn't Sally Field recently say in an interview that the only reason she was in those Amazing Spider-Man movies was because of Laura Ziskin and that never would've done it in a million years otherwise? lol.

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Would it be possible that a part of the audience starts to not give a fuck about these movies, regardless of their perceived quality ?

That would not really be a good description of a 180m OW.    "Because people do not give a fuck about that movie".

Now if you were talking about this one....

d8b3e6bc05ca7c502eb99a99528b9ae69a878d0c

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

I still found it weird that people found a 50yo Marisa Tomei too young to be someone's aunt. Hot or not (and she's damn hot) have nothing to do with her age.

I think it comes down to Aunt May usually being portrayed as an old lady even when Peter was in high-school, even though it probably isn't that common for a woman that old to be a teenager's aunt.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

Most aunts will realistically be around the same age as your own mother/father. 15 year old Peter with a 45-50ish Aunt May is pretty realistic, actually.

24 minutes ago, cookie said:

I think it comes down to Aunt May usually being portrayed as an old lady even when Peter was in high-school, even though it probably isn't that common for a woman that old to be a teenager's aunt.

And that's my point, she's age-appropriate, but because she's hot, suddenly she's too young ^_^

• Like 3

You know what I guess made the JW weekend thread so much fun? APPARENTLY CAUSE IT WASNT ABOUT A FREAKING COMIC BOOK MOVIE! BvS thread could have been fun, but nope! This thread started off fine... but nope!!

Why is it impossible for bot to not act like children when there's a comic book movie opening? So many childish comments and arguments in the threads that make them unreadable. I know I sound like I'm really complaining right now, but let's just make the rest of this thread more enjoyable okay?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

I'm really surprised this is nowhere near avengers numbers. This is basically avengers 3 in its form and reviewing really well. Was avengers the pinnacle box office ow wise ?

No, that was obviously Jurassic World and The Force Awakens.

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

I'm really surprised this is nowhere near avengers numbers. This is basically avengers 3 in its form and reviewing really well. Was avengers the pinnacle box office ow wise ?

I think it's just the law of diminishing returns in action.

41 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Epic meltdown is epic.

No, this is nothing. Movie should rebound and have a fantastic, EXPECTED number.

The meltdown will begin if this movie final weekend gross is -13% less than Ultron's opening weekend.

Anyone has a calculator?....lol

I don't even want to bring that number. :P

Edited by VGPOP

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

You know what I guess made the JW weekend thread so much fun? APPARENTLY CAUSE IT WASNT ABOUT A FREAKING COMIC BOOK MOVIE! BvS thread could have been fun, but nope! This thread started off fine... but nope!!

Why is it impossible for bot to not act like children when there's a comic book movie opening? So many childish comments and arguments in the threads that make them unreadable. I know I sound like I'm really complaining right now, but let's just make the rest of this thread more enjoyable okay?

5fe30ff6cb009858c4825de1c9a6a5706388c1b8

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Since Friday is 75M Estimated, I'm confidentally predicting 80-85M Saturday and 70-75M on Sunday.. We all know by now, well at least I do, that MARVEL Movies increase HEAVILY on Saturday and Sunday and this will be no exception..

So you are predicting,

25 + 50 + 80 (+60%) + 70 (-12.5%) = 225

still?

• Like 1