TalismanRing

Monday (5.9.16) #s: Cap3: $13.29m / JB: $1.52m

12 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Jesus, this is going to make a Billion like it's nothing while the other movie couldn't even break 900M WW.. That's Astounding..

This is Marvels 12th movie. BvS was DCs 2nd movie. Think about that before you spew your tiresome DC hate like you have done for years here :rolleyes:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mredman said:

only a holiday in canada like one already said here

Dude, argue all you want, but it's a fact that Easter Monday means lower drops than usual. Just look at Easter Mondays every year versus the other Mondays around it and it's not even close to being arguable.

Movies drop, on average, about 50% on Easter Monday versus around 75% normally.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well Im3 and Ultron stayed flat so it could stay flat.

Tuesday is the big number really, if it stays flat then the 2nd weekend will likely be in the uper 70's 

Agreed.  

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Dude, argue all you want, but it's a fact that Easter Monday means lower drops than usual. Just look at Easter Mondays every year versus the other Mondays around it and it's not even close to being arguable.

Yep and this year Batman v. Superman's 55% drop was the highest in the top 10, a number of films dropped below 50% and Zootopia dropped only 20%.  You also had more schools out of session then which contributes to higher weekdays as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Yep and this year Batman v. Superman's 55% drop was the highest in the top 10, a number of films dropped below 50% and Zootopia dropped only 20%.  You also had more schools out of session then which contributes to higher weekdays as well.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mredman said:

This is Marvels 12th movie. BvS was DCs 2nd movie. Think about that before you spew your tiresome DC hate like you have done for years here :rolleyes:

Sure, BKB wears his bias on his sleeve (which I could do without sometimes ;) ) but there isn't as much DC hate on here as you think. Why does every fanboy here think that everyone hates what the love?

DC hate

Marvel hate

Kal and the apparent Avatar hate

Trust me, if 13 movies from now the DCEU can pull the numbers Marvel is pulling right now, we will all be singing their praise. Just give it some time.

1 hour ago, mredman said:

funny everyone says this is a good hold. Its lower than BvS

1 hour ago, mredman said:

only a holiday in canada like one already said here

Lol

• Like 1

Since I see Monday drop as course correcting, I expect a slight noticeably bigger drop than Ultron for Civil War today. 

12.7 Tue

9.3 Wed

8.6 Thu

75mil second weekend. 

298 mil in 10 days. Lagging a tad further behind Ultron but I think next week/weekend and the later legs going into summer will be better and make up for it. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

If its around flat today i would say 80-85 mill

A 80+ second weekend requires Thu around Ultron and big weekend jumps like Iron Man 3. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't think CW will be quite as weekend friendly as that one. 

-55% (~80M)will be best case scenario imo. 

12 minutes ago, Sam said:

A 80+ second weekend requires Thu around Ultron and big weekend jumps like Iron Man 3. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't think CW will be quite as weekend friendly as that one. 

-55% (~80M)will be best case scenario imo. 

Lets see todays number first Sam. Thats going to give us another indication. 

But Avengers which had a similar monday drop was down 7%-23%-9% tue-thu and still only dropped 50% on 2nd weekend. And that was with a friday increase lower than IM3..

so everything is still up in the air with this one

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1

Disney is going to have three films that reach 1 billion by the end of this month and Dory and Rogue One later this year.

Not sure if I am missing something, but TJB won't be over 1B by the end of this month. It opens in SK and Japan in the summer. I do believe it will pass 1B, thou.

1 hour ago, ttr said:

Not sure if I am missing something, but TJB won't be over 1B by the end of this month. It opens in SK and Japan in the summer. I do believe it will pass 1B, thou.

TJB made 24.4m both in Dom and OS this weekend. Maybe that brings in another 150m for a total of 932m 70m is doable in Japan and SK but no lock. Life of Pi made 34m total in those two countries. Cindy made $52m

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1