TalismanRing

Monday (5.9.16) #s: Cap3: $13.29m / JB: $1.52m

I coukd have been the weather, but anyone else think CW might be a more adult film? This could have better weekdays and more muted weekends.. Which would be the opposite of IM3 and Ultron. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

In Pittsburgh we get about 100 sunny days a year lol. I can understand the need to take advantage of good weather.

I don't know how people can stand that kind of weather. I get about 300 days of sun per year where I live and I still find rain and clouds too common. :P

It's also a mostly dry region, thankfully. Humidity and high temperatures make for an awful combination.

Edited by Cynosure

17 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's over Ultron's 1st Monday, indeed. Well done.

Still 2M below BVS's 1st Monday though (although that was inflated by Easter Monday... right? EM is a holiday, I assume?).

Yeah BvS's Monday was inflated - the next Monday had a 78% drop from it.

26 minutes ago, jse said:

I coukd have been the weather, but anyone else think CW might be a more adult film? This could have better weekdays and more muted weekends.. Which would be the opposite of IM3 and Ultron. 

I don't see why it would skew more adult than TWS and it played about the same on w/es as IM3 and AOU.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah BvS's Monday was inflated - the next Monday had a 78% drop from it.

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

55713759.jpg

That's over Ultron's 1st Monday, indeed. Well done.

Still 2M below BVS's 1st Monday though (although that was inflated by Easter Monday... right? EM is a holiday, I assume?).

Easter Monday isn't a holiday in the USA. It is observed in Canada, though.

Really, really solid Monday # that shows Mothers Day Sunday did impact it's OW total. By how much is a guess of course.

I'm feeling good about the second weekend hold. I'm feeling an $80m+ kinda weekend. The two new openers are at best counter programming and aren't likely to take too heavily away. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Well it does have that "FRENCH CONNECTON' Feel to it along with "The MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE" with the BUCKY Brainwashing effect, so Yeah, I'd say this is the Most Adult Comic book Movie MARVEL has made yet.. WINTER SOLDIER also falls into this category as well..

william-friedkin-image.jpg

William Friedkin urges you to stop comparing his masterpiece to CW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hangman said:

Yeah, it's really astounding that a extremely likable movie is doing better than a poorly reviewed one :)

Did you doubt this was going to make a billion? IM3 made 1.2B without Spidy, CA, Ant-Man, etc...

No, he knew this would make 1B. He just couldn't resist throwing some shade at BvS.

• Like 4