WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

1 minute ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Yes instead of Marvel vs DC fanboy wars we can have presidency fanboy wars.  

Check out the rankings of the presidents from 1948 to now, it's not even close if you average them out. In fact Washington is probably behind FDR in 3rd @ACSlater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

34 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Check out the rankings of the presidents from 1948 to now, it's not even close if you average them out. In fact Washington is probably behind FDR in 3rd @ACSlater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

I'm with CAL on this. Washington has that aura of being the Father of the Country, but to use a phrase from Walter Isaacson, "Washington seems a distant figure, cast out of marble, not flesh." Lincoln has a charisma that keeps his image alive in ways that Washington lacks.

Edited by ChiSoxRox

5 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

I'm with CAL on this. Washington has that aura of being the Father of the Country, but to use a phrase from Walter Isaacson, "Washington seems a distant figure, cast out of marble, not flesh." Lincoln has a charisma that keeps his image alive in ways that Washington lacks.

It will be interesting to see where Reagan is ranked in fifty years.

I wonder how the success of Hamilton will change this, possibly pulling down Jefferson slightly and moving Washington up.

12 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I wonder how the success of Hamilton will change this, possibly pulling down Jefferson slightly and moving Washington up.

Yeah, a Broadway show is going to influence the rankings of presidential scholars and the public in general...:jeb!:.

• Like 1