WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

25 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

what's the source for this pirate copy? is it more than just a cam?

It's at least DVD quality. 

Yea, I checked it out and I freely admit to watching a movie here and there on my lap top. 

I saw TFA 5 times in theaters and a couple of times at home before it came out on BR

Same with Deadpool. Saw it a couple times in theaters and watched it once on my laptop at work lo

Sometimes I'll watch something on my laptop if I had no interest in seeing it in theaters; like The 5th Wave. But, if it's a movie  I'm looking forward to I always see it in theaters first, sometimes multiple times. 

I I know a lot of people who generally only watch movies on line or they download the movie and burn it to DVD regardless of quality. 

And the reason I say "past 10 years" is because I don't have data going back too far, and can only rely on one of the older supervisors who say "yea I remember titanic and phantom menace and return of the king (etc) being as busy as Star Wars" but that is certainly far from clear data :lol:

15 hours ago, pieman said:

Civil War floppage continues.

15 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah.. Such a flop that it's going to pass BvsS Domestic this week.. Not bad for a flop that could do that in 2 weeks VS in 3 months..

:rofl: The second post is right after the first.  BKB, you're like a Pavlovian dog.  :rofl:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Finally counted it up, highest grossing movie at our theatre in the past 10 years or so was TFA with 1.225B in sales.

I wonder if we will get future advanced sales figures from Rallax's theater, will be interesting to see it for Apocalypse, Alice 2 and bigger summer movies so we can have a running tally. Looking back (to 10 days ago) at people freaking out because presales for CW at AMC were 10M before previews began and expecting 200M+ OW seems pretty funny now. 

Just now, Spaghetti said:

Anyone else think Civil War could three-peat next weekend? Angry Birds may not be huge (and families may be waiting for Alice next weekend), and Neighbors is certainly decreasing.

It'll be a close race between those two but I have Angry Birds winning 

48 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I truly think piracy will affect this more than it has for any movie thus far.  We are at the peak of accessible piracy.  You do not even have to download.  Just click and watch.  There are so many lazy, impassioned, broke and depressed people in America.  Perhaps one will see it once, and then do repeat viewings with free HD-online.  Previously, they would have spent over 50 dollars with the first Avengers.  This pirated movie probably has the highest pirated word of mouth.  I believe their are large communities in populated areas in America where the HD-rip is being recommended and discussed.  However, a good portion of these people might never pay for a movie so you should take that into account.  Regardless, there is damage and long term damage from less repeat viewings. 

Parts of the pirated Civil War rip have been all over Facebook for the last2 weeks in damn good quality. I've watched the Airport battle I don't know how many times lol. However, I still saw the movie 4 times in theaters because I'm a home theater audio/video freak that likes quality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Odd battle to pick. Just a title. The name of their PI outfit I think.

I do think the movie accompanying it looks very meh but it's tilting when you could have literally chosen any other adjective & it wouldn't be as boring.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, babz06 said:

Well they haven't truly had a breakout film since GOTG.   

It's unlikely that Dr. Strange will be the next one, the subject matter is less appealing. I think that film performs in line with  Ant-man, Thor, and CA:the first avenger. 

In fact I'm not sure if Marvel has any surprise box office performances left. Especially since they aren't the only cinematic universe  in the game anymore. 

Don't get me wrong, they're far from being in trouble, its just not going to be as fun following  their films at the office. 

Black Panther could be a big surprise. 

• Like 7

To put Civil Wars front-loaded nature into perspective, when Twilight and New Moon and eclipse and the rest of the series came out they were some of the most front-loaded movies in the history of film and yet they all received incredibly High marks from their core fan base. But that didn't translate into the general population all of a sudden running out to go see the movie. Twilight has its diehards just like Captain America has its diehards. Doesn't mean it's going to develop a new following just because it has good word-of-mouth. That's why a lot of us for saying that it would probably finish with a multiplier of around 2.4 - 2.6.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

To put Civil Wars front-loaded nature into perspective, when Twilight and New Moon and eclipse and the rest of the series came out they were some of the most front-loaded movies in the history of film and yet they all received incredibly High marks from their core fan base. But that didn't translate into the general population all of a sudden running out to go see the movie. Twilight has its diehards just like Captain America has its diehards. Doesn't mean it's going to develop a new following just because it has good word-of-mouth. That's why a lot of us for saying that it would probably finish with a multiplier of around 2.4 - 2.6.

was anyone saying it would get better legs than 2.6?

3 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

was anyone saying it would get better legs than 2.6?

Really? You don't know the answer to this question? :P 

• Like 7