WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 67): Captain Pirate: Piracy War 72.6M | Jungle Book 17.1M | Money Monster 14.8M | The Darkness 5M | Mother's Day 3.3M

Good recovery for Cap.  I was a little worried after that Friday number but all in all its and expected MCU sequel type number.  It's still lower than I had wanted but I'm far from disappointed.  Looks like MCU event movies are settling into a good range.

The movie that just keeps on surprising is Zootopia.  -12.4% wow.  Best run of the year so far IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Will Jungle Book blow past 1 billion?

Might end just below the mark unless it explodes on the markets that are left. Zootopia is so close yet so far... is it making money anywhere else besides America?

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Might end just below the mark unless it explodes on the markets that are left. Zootopia is so close yet so far... is it making money anywhere else besides America?

Zoo is making money in Japan 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I truly think piracy will affect this more than it has for any movie thus far.  We are at the peak of accessible piracy.  You do not even have to download.  Just click and watch.  There are so many lazy, impassioned, broke and depressed people in America.  Perhaps one will see it once, and then do repeat viewings with free HD-online.  Previously, they would have spent over 50 dollars with the first Avengers.  This pirated movie probably has the highest pirated word of mouth.  I believe their are large communities in populated areas in America where the HD-rip is being recommended and discussed.  However, a good portion of these people might never pay for a movie so you should take that into account.  Regardless, there is damage and long term damage from less repeat viewings. 

Yup.  I know at least 50 people/families that probably have a firestick/kodi.  It's so ridiculous easy to watch movies at home now.  Probably 80% of those people have no idea what a torrent is.

Edited by AaronL

49 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Japan, and that's pretty much it. Turkey's also coming up, and that country might kick in a couple million $.

Still I think $1 Billion for Zootopia is very likely.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

How is CW doing?

Only opened to 102.4M (final figure). Was at 157M ish before Friday (Tuesday was big). Haven't counted up all Saturday and Friday shows but should be around 200M by the end of the weekend. Will finish around 260-270M unless Tuesday jumps continue to be big.

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

To put Civil Wars front-loaded nature into perspective, when Twilight and New Moon and eclipse and the rest of the series came out they were some of the most front-loaded movies in the history of film and yet they all received incredibly High marks from their core fan base. But that didn't translate into the general population all of a sudden running out to go see the movie. Twilight has its diehards just like Captain America has its diehards. Doesn't mean it's going to develop a new following just because it has good word-of-mouth. That's why a lot of us for saying that it would probably finish with a multiplier of around 2.4 - 2.6.

Best post of the day.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AaronL said:

Yup.  I know at least 50 people/families that probably have a firestick/kodi.  It's so ridiculous easy to watch movies at home now.  Probably 80% of those people have no idea what a torrent is.

I still cannot believe for the life of me how hard it can be to track down those behind putting these things together. 

Every time it's from one of two or three coders that assemble the movie and 'clean it up', before putting their stamp on it. I mean how hard can it be?! 

They're the ones that acquire the sources to get these high quality cams. 

We all know what their 'online' names are. 

It really is a sorry state of affairs that the movie is out there after a week or so. 

Yep. Civil War is for fans only. Sure, the fans are made up of a massive proportion of regular moviegoers. But you're not going to get that casual audience out for a film that's part of a long running series. Not this far down the road. 

If you haven't seen the other movies it's probably the most alienating choice you could make for a walk-up. 

• Like 3

ALMOST 7 YEARS AGO

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/31/news/companies/disney_marvel/

Disney to buy Marvel for $4 billion

Walt Disney Co. will purchase the comic book company behind X-Men and Spider-Man.

Disney-Buys-Marvel.jpg

TODAY AND 11 MOVIES LATER(2 before Marvel purchase)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/marvel-cinematic-universe-movies-pass-a141701

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies Pass $10 Billion Thanks To CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,519.6 $623.4 41% $896.2 59% 2012
2 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4 $459.0 32.7% $946.4 67.3% 2015
3 Iron Man 3 BV $1,215.4 $409.0 33.7% $806.4 66.3% 2013
4 Captain America: Civil War BV $940.9 $295.9 31.4% $645.0 68.6% 2016
5 Guardians of the Galaxy BV $773.3 $333.2 43.1% $440.1 56.9% 2014
6 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $714.4 $259.8 36.4% $454.7 63.6% 2014
7 Thor: The Dark World BV $644.6 $206.4 32% $438.2 68% 2013
8 Iron Man 2 Par. $623.9 $312.4 50.1% $311.5 49.9% 2010
9 Iron Man Par. $585.2 $318.4 54.4% $266.8 45.6% 2008
10 Ant-Man BV $519.4 $180.2 34.7% $339.2 65.3% 2015
11 Thor Par. $449.3 $181.0 40.3% $268.3 59.7% 2011
12 Captain America: The First Avenger Par. $370.6 $176.7 47.7% $193.9 52.3% 2011
13 The Incredible Hulk Uni. $263.4 $134.8 51.2% $128.6 48.8% 2008
TOTAL: $10,025.5 $3,890.1 38.8% $6,135.4 61.2% -
AVERAGE: $771.2 $299.2 38.8% $472.0 61.2%

-

avengers-money1.jpg

Let's all give a round of applause for the man who made this all possible

Robert-Downey-Jr-Top-5-Highest-Earning-A

And of course  the man with a vision 

ant-man-phasetalk-banner.jpg

ALL HAIL MARVEL

tumblr_mh9698pquL1rvufhzo6_250.gif

tumblr_m56jp5we2L1qa0bh1o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n3f1ltCpgV1spuy9m.gif

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I will gladly bet against both of those theories.

Hey man, I'm broke. Lol. 

Dory absolutely has a chance of taking the summer crown, unless CW stabilises. I don't think it will particularly. 

As for IDR - some are predicting it'll barely do $100 million total. I think it'll be a sizeable hit. I know plenty of people that are really excited about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Hey man, I'm broke. Lol. 

Dory absolutely has a chance of taking the summer crown, unless CW stabilises. I don't think it will particularly. 

As for IDR - some are predicting it'll barely do $100 million total. I think it'll be a sizeable hit. I know plenty of people that are really excited about it. 

Friendly bet lol. FN I'm more unsure about, because IF it's great it's definitely grossing a ton. Just not so sure that's going to happen. ID2 without Will Smith seems like a bomb waiting to happen.