The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I'd also like to point out the scene I shared for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind is probably my favorite scene in film history.  Or at least right up there for it.

“She was umm... Just a girl ”

Causes my heart to shatter into a million pieces

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Bro, you're talking out of your ass. Where is this enormous resentment of TFA? Have the critics on Rotten Tomatoes rescinded their reviews?

Canna where did I say there was resentment exactly? You said that, not me. Even on here, there has been a softening of how great the film has been perceived as we've gone farther from the release. It's impossible to quantify but it has been slowly moving down on IMDB as time has gone on & that site is notoriously upside biased. Watch the huge come down in episode 8, it will make a lot of $ obviously but it's clear it won't come anywhere near that level of hype or repeat viewings. Why is that? Partially due to law of averages but partially because it's not as beloved as some tout on here. It's that simple.

5 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

catching fire needs to pull tf up asap

giphy.gif

This is the top 100 Movies of all time, any movie from the mediocre Hunger Games franchise has no place here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Number 38

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

51 Points (18 Votes, Avg Score 39.38)

Oh God, this movie. :wub::wub:

I really should have sent my list in. But I was just starting to post here when I saw that thread and I didn't wanna put up a list when I barely had any posts in and left it for later and then I just forgot it. Sad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Rocky is 76 and i cant believe u havent seen it @JohnnY

there's a ton of classic movies that i still haven't seen like rocky, e.t., godfather, indiana jones, jurassic park...

but one day i'll catch up

• Like 1

Number 37

Toy Story (1995)

51 Points (18 Votes, Avg Score 37.83)

toy_story_ver1_xlg.jpg

"To Infinity and Beyond!"

Number 1 Placements: 1 Placement

Top 5 Placements: 1 Placement

Top 10 Placements: 2 Placements

Changes in Rankings Over Time: 2014 (23, -14), 2013 (32, -5), 2012 (34, -3)

Tomatometer: 100%

Box Office: 191.8m (376.39m Adjusted)

Most Notable Awards Recognition: Nominated for 3 Oscars

IMDb Synopsis: A little boy named Andy loves to be in his room, playing with his toys, especially his doll named "Woody". But, what do the toys do when Andy is not with them, they come to life. Woody believes that he has life (as a toy) good. However, he must worry about Andy's family moving, and what Woody does not know is about Andy's birthday party. Woody does not realize that Andy's mother gave him an action figure known as Buzz Lightyear, who does not believe that he is a toy, and quickly becomes Andy's new favorite toy. Woody, who is now consumed with jealousy, tries to get rid of Buzz. Then, both Woody and Buzz are now lost. They must find a way to get back to Andy before he moves without them, but they will have to pass through a ruthless toy killer, Sid Phillips. 

Critic Opinion: "As "Lion King" did before it, "Toy Story" revived the art of American children's animation, and ushered in a set of smart movies that entertained children and their parents. It's a landmark movie, and doesn't get old with frequent repetition." - Michael Booth

User Opinion: "This movie holds a huge spot in my childhood. I actually watched the VHS to this so many times it broke and we had to buy another. I had several Woody and Buzz toys, and I think I probably had most characters in the movie at one point. :PToy Story is a simple buddy film told with so much heart and wit, and the relationship and development of Woody/Buzz really make that something special. I think what helps make them so great is how incredibly realistic their feelings/personalities are. Woody's sense of jealousy and fear of being replaced, to Buzz's initial pride. With that, Pixar crafted the two most believable/ relatable animated characters ever, and it was just made better by Hanks and Allen's great performances.Best animated movie ever. " - Mango

Personal Comment: Toy Story comes onto the list as the 5th Pixar movie to make the list, and the 8th animation total.  Toy Story also boosts the 90s back up to first place on the pointless decades contest that I have been holding.  When people mention the brand Pixar, the most definitive idea that comes up is Toy Story, it's like the Mickey Mouse to Disney or Superman/Batman to DC.  Toy Story is not only Pixar's best reviewed film, but it also stands as the best reviewed animation of all time.  While the movie may appear a little outdated now, at the time it was a true pioneer in the animation industry.  Sure, now we are craving for hand-drawn animation to make its return, but Toy Story was the first at what it was, and as such a landmark.  Being able to be a landmark in a medium of film surely is enough to deserve Toy Story its high place on this list.

• Like 13

Fight Club - meh I remember wondering what the F I was watching when I watched it repeat viewings haven't changed that impression

Eternal Sunshine :) This movie is all sorts of wonderfuls.... :wub:

Toy Story - another great addition

also to those with THGs - yeah not happening at this point

• Like 1