kayumanggi

Tuesday Numbers: 5.9 M CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

AOU and IM3 jumped 11-12%. CW has jumped 25%. The Wed drop for those was 25-27.5%. CW will be low 30s probably.

CW has had better Saturday and Tuesday jumps so far, so I can see that happening. Seems to be playing to the cheaper matinee and Tuesday ticket audience.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

CW has had better Saturday and Tuesday jumps so far, so I can see that happening. Seems to be playing to the cheaper matinee and Tuesday ticket audience.

Which makes sense as a superhero film from marvel that seems to attract a "family" + older adult audience. However as has been the trend over the past couple of years Tuesdays are really sticking out as are the Wednesday drops even compared with films only 2-3 years ago (which is much like how it was comparing films in 2010/11 against 2008/09)

• Like 1

If Cap drops -35% from that 5.9m number then again its right in line with IM3 3.83 (Cap) vs. 3.87 (IM). Very interesting... IM3's thursday was dented by the full opening day of Star Trek but then again Cap will have to deal with previews for 3 movies so a minimum -10% fall should be in order I would think.

• Like 2

I dunno.....the thing of Marvel Superhero-movies being released in the first weekend of May.....has suddenly now became more obligational. Every Marvel-movie needs to open that first May weekend.

When will there be a time when a Non-Marvel movie opens that date?

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I dunno.....the thing of Marvel Superhero-movies being released in the first weekend of May.....has suddenly now became more obligational. Every Marvel-movie needs to open that first May weekend.

When will there be a time when a Non-Marvel movie opens that date?

Winter Soldier opened in April.  

TTDW opened in November.

Antman opened in July.

Just now, Ent said:

Winter Soldier opened in April.  

TTDW opened in November.

Antman opened in July.

Yeah...true. But i didn't mean just the MCU-movies, i meant Marvel-superhero movies in general. Including some of the Spider-Man films & some of the X-Men films. ;)

• Like 1