WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Good portion of movie goers haven't gone to any IMAX at all. It doesn't make it right.

If they don't know how big it can be, they'll be happy with what they have......the metaphor here is food.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Usually when people say something like this they're exaggerating. They forget that it's always been about money first, that the past is romanticized because we remember what was good and forget what was bad.

But in this case you're right.  

We are officially living during the saddest, most pathetically risk-averse time EVER for studio filmmaking. 

I'm a huge fan of tracking box office and I couldn't give less of a fuck how most of today's movies are performing. 

And yet, there's still a ton of interesting movies being made. Sure, most of them don't have a big budget, but it's not like they vanished off the face of the earth.

• Like 9

So pumped to see The Nice Guys tomorrow been getting hype for it for weeks now.  Caught Money Monster this week and honestly thought it was kind of a snooze fest.  Everything in it was just paint by numbers to me and I'm confused why it got such incredible reception out of Cannes.  Wasn't terrible or anything but as middle of the road as it gets.

My favorite film of the year (along with Cap) so far is Hello My Name Is Doris.  Caught a matinee last weekend and absolutely LOVED it.

Edited by RyneOh1040