WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Sky's the limit. I assume it'll be animated. Maybe the fruit are bad guys and our protagonist, who always aspired to be a ninja (but was rejected) has to step up to be the hero he always wanted to be. Get Jay Baruchel. Done. Sells itself.

edit: the big bad villain can be a giant slice of greasy unhealthy Finnish pizza.

This description hasn't made me want to see this movie, but it has made me hungry.

• Like 1

My final weekend predictions...

The Angry Birds Movie

Opening Day: $10.9M

Saturday: $15.8M (+44%)

Sunday: $13.1M (-17%)

OPENING WEEKEND TOTAL: $39.8M

PROJECTED 54-DAY TOTAL: $153M (3.84x)

Captain America: Civil War

Friday: $10M (+168%)

Saturday: $15M (+49.7%)

Sunday: $9.61M (-35.9%)

THIRD WEEKEND TOTAL: $34.6M (-52.4%)

PROJECTED 10-WEEK TOTAL: $430M (2.4x)

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

Opening Day: $12.8M

Saturday: $11.1M (-9.05%)

Sunday: $7.6M (-34.5%)

OPENING WEEKEND TOTAL: $32M

PROJECTED SEVEN-WEEK TOTAL: $97.5M (3.05x)

The Nice Guys

Opening Day: $4.53M

Saturday: $5.76M (+27.2%)

Sunday: $4.51M (-21.6%)

OPENING WEEKEND TOTAL: $14.8M

PROJECTED FIVE-WEEK TOTAL: $43.8M (2.96x)

Money Monster

Friday: $2.76M (+180%)

Saturday: $3.26M (+18%)

Sunday: $2.03M (-37.9%)

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $8.05M (-45.5%)

PROJECTED FOUR-WEEK TOTAL: $39.7M (2.69x)

The Darkness

Friday: $525k (+138%)

Saturday: $672k (+28.2%)

Sunday: $452k (-32.7%)

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $1.65M (-66.7%)

PROJECTED SIX-WEEK TOTAL: $10.3M (2.09x)

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Sky's the limit. I assume it'll be animated. Maybe the fruit are bad guys and our protagonist, who always aspired to be a ninja (but was rejected) has to step up to be the hero he always wanted to be. Get Jay Baruchel. Done. Sells itself.

edit: the big bad villain can be a giant slice of greasy unhealthy Finnish pizza.

Basically rip off How to Train your Dragon with the exact same actor? Extremely cynical, even for Hollywood.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Not that much money.  Inherint Vice did it for $20m.   Indie period pieces do it for far less all the time.  It smacks more of top heavy above the line costs.

WB has a money spending problem, obviously. ;)

22 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Had a legit meltdown over the Fruit Ninja movie. I'm done. Fuck it. Movies are dead. Cinema as an art form is dead. Hollywood needs to burn. 

A big reason why a career with movies has become a side chick for me, instead of my main squeeze.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

Oh wow, TNG cost 50M? Never would've guessed. The movie looks horrible. Inherent Vice had way more style.

Matt Bomer's godawful wig (because duh, the 70s) ate into most of the budget tbh.

34 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Had a legit meltdown over the Fruit Ninja movie. I'm done. Fuck it. Movies are dead. Cinema as an art form is dead. Hollywood needs to burn. 

Usually when people say something like this they're exaggerating. They forget that it's always been about money first, that the past is romanticized because we remember what was good and forget what was bad.

But in this case you're right.  

We are officially living during the saddest, most pathetically risk-averse time EVER for studio filmmaking. 

I'm a huge fan of tracking box office and I couldn't give less of a fuck how most of today's movies are performing. 

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

My sister just text me and is off on Monday, so were going to see CW in IMAX 2D since she's never seen a movie in IMAX.. Wow.. She's in for a treat..

Real IMAX screen, or bullshit IMAX?