WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I like how everyone keeps forgetting The Revenant and American Sniper had DVD copies available to download in mid December and still did blockbuster numbers in mid January when they were released. Selective memory is a great thing. 

I don't remember that at all.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like most people didn't ask for a Conjuring 2 either. Yet another that didn't need a sequel.

I've always wondered, how do people actually "ask" for sequels? I've never understood these comments. 

Did people really "ask" for a Hangover 2? Yet we saw how that did. Did people really "ask" for more Paranormal Activities?

Some sequels just click and some dont. There's really nothing to ask because if a movie doesnt have a cliffhanger or isnt based on a series, then it can be a standalone. We gets sequels based on BO, not people asking for them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

actually there is a small chance it falls below IM3 if it doesn't stabilize soon

Holiday weekend coming up and X-Men will underperform. 

Angry Birds will be just under or over 40m. That gives it a decent shot at being in the top 15 for the summer.

Im still irritated I raised my Cap prediction domestically because everyone else was going crazy.  I would have had it pegged down perfectly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Why should we?? It's truly a legitimate problem and for a bunch of self proclaimed box office experts, it surprises me more are not onboard for this reasoning.. Whether it was The REVENANT or AMERICAN SNIPER making it's way to the streets, the fact is that this just wasn't a shitty copy with some dude's head sticking in the way, it was a goddamn pristine copy like someone stole a fucking reel and THAT is a fucking problem for the future of blockbusters when it comes to predicting movies and the amount of $$$ they should be making as a result.. Sure, YES, CW is making a lot of $$$$.. We get it, but without that reel being stolen, without any fucking bullshit piracy PERIOD, we wouldn't have this problem.. Rant over..

American Sniper and Revenant were pristine copies as well. 

• Like 6

I think 34m will happen for CW

15.15 (+74%)

10.15 (-33%)

= 34

Next weekend IM3 was -46% over 3-day (19.3) and -31% over 4-day (24.7).

I think CW will be -49% over 3-day (17.25) and -37% over 4-day (21.5).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Jesus, YES, That is even more of a problem and it's only going to get worse down the road.. Hell, I might as well not even predict EPISODE VIII anymore with my 235M OW Prediction cause with this bullshit going on, that movie is sure to get hit as well.. You watch.. Remember we had this conversation folks when it comes time for that movie to come out.. No movie is fucking safe anymore.. Bunch of cheap mother fuckers..

Lol k.

• Like 8

Legs are shorter than they used to be. No matter how good a movie is received, the march towards bigger OWs and worse legs is just too hard to resist. FWIW, I have no interest in seeing Civil War, even for free.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

I saw Nice Guys yesterday and walked out wondering how on earth it copped a 90% tomato rating. What were the majority of critics watching? The movie is a mess - the story is disjointed and takes way too long to resolve, the movie captures none of the essence of its late 1970s time and place (they even get the music wrong in many places) and the comic relief almost always falls flat. It is too implausible to be serious and too unfunny to be comical, it can't get that balance right. Crowe is OK in his role, everyone else is meh. Not recommended, maybe the 40th best film of the 54 i've seen so far this year. 

I loved it. So you know....differing opinions

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Jesus, YES, That is even more of a problem and it's only going to get worse down the road.. Hell, I might as well not even predict EPISODE VIII anymore with my 235M OW Prediction cause with this bullshit going on, that movie is sure to get hit as well.. You watch.. Remember we had this conversation folks when it comes time for that movie to come out.. No movie is fucking safe anymore.. Bunch of cheap mother fuckers..

Like JJ Abrams of all people would allow for a deflated OW to a film that he produces thanks to piracy. ESPECIALLY Star Wars. The mystery box appeal and the tight day-to-date releases he creates for his big films are designed especifically for this kind of situations. Keep yourself in check.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Like JJ Abrams of all people would allow for a deflated OW to a film that he produces thanks to piracy. ESPECIALLY Star Wars. The mystery box he creates for his films is designed especifically for this kind of situations. Keep yourself in check.

But once they ship out the print to theaters, it's not in their hands (I don't know how it all works)?

Haven't read the thread since last night but looking at the numbers, let me guess that the discussions were probably

- Piracy

- The death of adult targeted movies

- Unwanted sequels

- This summer movie season sucks

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Filmovie said:

CW Bo.com's prediction 1st WE: 214 M   -------ACTUALS 179 M

CW Bo.com's prediction 2nd WE: 81 M ----------  ACTUALS 72 M

CW Bo.com's prediction 3RD WE: 41 M  ------- PREDICTED 34-35 M

It look like Bo.com is predicting, what it would like it to do, and not what it will actually do

This is so true, and it's not just Bo.com, most other box office websites keep overshooting it ignoring the trend being suggested by the daily numbers.

• Like 3

Just now, grim22 said:

Haven't read the thread since last night but looking at the numbers, let me guess that the discussions were probably

- Piracy check

- The death of adult targeted movies check

- Unwanted sequels no

- This summer movie season sucks check

Guys, Neighbors 2 and before that Huntsman 2. What unnecessary unwanted sequels...eh?

30 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

P I R A C Y.. How many times must it be said?? A lot of people aren't realizing how much of an effect it really had on this movie and one where a copy that was as pristine as it was, made it's way to the streets.. It didn't exactly help folks as much as you don't want to give credit for this..

:slaphead::slaphead:

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

- Piracy

- The death of adult targeted movies

- Unwanted sequels

- This summer movie season sucks

Pretty much

• Like 1