WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

5 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

After watching Zootopia, I'm surprised it did as well as it did. Was boring and extremely predictable. I knew who the villain was the first time they were shown on screen. I think the only reason it did so well was because of a lack of competition. Or, maybe kids loved it, but I don't know, not a kid and don't have any. Certainly not up to Pixar's level.

Life of Pets, looks like a better movie based on the trailers. It should make more. Dory is a slam dunk to make more.

OK, that is just ridiculous. Maybe my judgement is clouded because I already knew major spoilers before I walked in, though.

6 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

After watching Zootopia, I'm surprised it did as well as it did. Was boring and extremely predictable. I knew who the villain was the first time they were shown on screen. I think the only reason it did so well was because of a lack of competition. Or, maybe kids loved it, but I don't know, not a kid and don't have any. Certainly not up to Pixar's level.

Life of Pets, looks like a better movie based on the trailers. It should make more. Dory is a slam dunk to make more.

O think you'll find that plenty of adults/teens on here enjoyed it.

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

So CW beat BvS in two weeks. Lol

Really lol?

With all the massive ooh-ah CW had before release it will finish only around 80M above BvS.

I wouldn't laugh if I were u.

The movie theater will always be my go-to place to see a movie. I'm in complete darkness, and I'm fully engaged with just the screen. At home with my television, I feel there are more distractions surrounding me, and I'm not as engaged. However, I prefer going to movies with smaller crowds, which is why I always choose a matinee over an evening showing, unless my day's completely booked.

• Like 6

Going to the cinema feels too much like an exercise in repressing rage at noisy, phone-obsessed cretins these days. I don't know if audiences really are getting worse or I'm just getting old, but it's not something I want to pay money for any longer.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RichWS said:

The constant candy bag crinkling is one of the most obnoxious sounds on the planet. The people doing it are always incapable of recognizing it. 

It depends on the food. Popcorn or a hot dog is fine. I've just been in too many NYC theaters where people bring BBQ ribs and Burger King and God knows what else.

tumblr_mwjtttU1f41qd9omro6_500.gif

• Like 3

Crowds can be really fun depending on who they are. College audiences are typically very engaged and respectful. Families w/ small children not so much, though when I saw Frozen in a packed house everyone was pretty well-behaved

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Crowds can be really fun depending on who they are. College audiences are typically very engaged and respectful. Families w/ small children not so much, though when I saw Frozen in a packed house everyone was pretty well-behaved

Old arthouse crowds are the worst. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Its similar to the way that's I think driving in the car is the only proper way to listen to music. Listening other places I kind lose focus and become disinterested

Huh. There are good reasons to listen to music in the car, but I don't think "focus" is one of them. Your attention's supposed to be on the road.

I listen to music pretty much whenever I can. It's almost a drug for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SWXII said:

Nothing like the DCEU when it gets to it's 13th film however.

What kind of logic is this ? I have seen you posting the same crap over and over and over ....what was the avengers the fourth, fifth film in the MCU and did 1.5 billion. BvS had everything batman, superman, Wonder Woman, the dark knight returns, the death of superman, doomsday , using stupid excuses like "second film in the DCEU"  is really annoying . 

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

OK, that is just ridiculous. Maybe my judgement is clouded because I already knew major spoilers before I walked in, though.

Movies in general are pretty predictable now a days. Especially kids movies. I don't mind most of the time, as long as I'm being entertained. Jokes help. This is why Pixar movies are so beloved and why the Shrek movies did so well.

2 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Movies in general are pretty predictable now a days. Especially kids movies. I don't mind most of the time, as long as I'm being entertained. Jokes help. This is why Pixar movies are so beloved and why the Shrek movies did so well.

I'm just skeptical that you recognized the bad guy from the first scene. What tipped you off? It's an older movie, so you can blurt out spoilers, I think.

3 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

I don't think Zootopia has any shortage of jokes (Certainly more than say Inside Out) and really funny ones at that