PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

You can never be sure but I have a good feeling over this. 1 b is what I would predict and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher. It is a very well known story for everyone, the marketing have been good so far with the trailer having GREAT impact and although some of you may deny it, I think that Watson has become a real draw in force. She is held in very high regard and I know a bunch of people who are fans of her and are going to see the movie because of her.

3 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

You can never be sure but I have a good feeling over this. 1 b is what I would predict and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher. It is a very well known story for everyone, the marketing have been good so far with the trailer having GREAT impact and although some of you may deny it, I think that Watson has become a real draw in force. She is held in very high regard and I know a bunch of people who are fans of her and are going to see the movie because of her.

Emma Watson is not a draw. Outside potter she has been a non entity(only movie to gross 100m is Noah which was a Russel Crowe vehicle directed by Aronofsky). We already saw recently with JLaw and Chris Pratt opening horribly.

This will be closer to cindrella than Jungle Book.

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Emma Watson is not a draw. Outside potter she has been a non entity(only movie to gross 100m is Noah which was a Russel Crowe vehicle directed by Aronofsky). We already saw recently with JLaw and Chris Pratt opening horribly.

I completely disagree. I think she has a strong name. It's just that she hasn't played in many massive-scale films. All of her work though has seen praised and she is held in very high regard as I said not only for her acting but for other activities of her as well. I really know a lot of fans of her. She is very strong on social media too. I am not saying that she is a JLaw kind of brand name but almost anyone knows her as Hermoine and almost noone has anything bad to say  about her

Edited by FantasticBeasts

In this case, the draw is not any actor but the title. Beauty & the Beast is one of the most beloved Disney classic ever. I see hard this can not reach the billion. IMO, it is the main favorite to be the second biggest film of the year WW (behind Episode VIII).

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, peludo said:

In this case, the draw is not any actor but the title. Beauty & the Beast is one of the most beloved Disney classic ever. I see hard this can not reach the billion. IMO, it is the main favorite to be the second biggest film of the year WW (behind Episode VIII).

It's between this and GOTG 2 in my eyes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Emma Watson may not be a complete box office draw, but Emma Watson as Belle is a big draw. Everyone's excited with her as Belle since she's perfect for the role - the looks, her smart attitude, her grace, etc. I know a lot of people who are excited just to see her take as Belle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dingdong123 said:

Emma Watson may not be a complete box office draw, but Emma Watson as Belle is a big draw. Everyone's excited with her as Belle since she's perfect for the role - the looks, her smart attitude, her grace, etc. I know a lot of people who are excited just to see her take as Belle.

That's exactly what I wanted to tell!

• Like 1

Any predictions for biggest OS markets and their numbers? For reference:

Cinderella (2015)

1. China- $71,570,00

2. Japan-$47,180,932

3. United Kingdom- $32,842,481

It's guaranteed to make more than Cinderella OS but by how much?

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I expect great numbers in France as well :)

You can expect big numbers from Spain too. Beauty & the Beast is the second biggest Disney classic ever here (4.927m admissions), just behind The Lion King (6.3m), and the 4th animated ever, behind Shrek 2 (6.08m) and Finding Nemo (4.989m, basically tied with BatB).

• Like 1