CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I feel like it's always the same group of guys in the discussion when looking for white guys under 30 lolol. If Ansel wan't in WSS people would probably be saying him. But honestly I prefer Harry to both Timothee and Ansel. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Pasek and Paul coming in to save the day

That's such a weird way to spell this GOAT's name:

tumblr_ohfqaf0J8h1qaa0sjo1_500.gif

__

(just wanted to post the gif, real talk now)

Well, obviously trash choice is not my pick, but when you happens when you cast an actual 16 to play Ariel.  So. Yet it makes total sense for the movie they're gonna make.  Marshall, Menken, and Miranda are all solid professionals.  I am really excited for this.

I hope they write new material for him.  TBH, Miranda and Menken could rewrite the whole darn thing, I'm just so thankful for the collaboration.  (Except for Part of Your World.  You can't perfect perfection.)

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

I'm sure Disney wouldn't have leaked it if it wasn't close to being a sure thing. It would be really embarrassing if he said no and they were to lose on the casting 

Not really.  They had that Zendaya rumor out for MONTHS.

@filmlover  CoolEric

This better get Lin his Oscar.  He was ROBBED for Moana, and Menken not getting a nom for Captain America was so eye-rolling.  It's about time he gets his 9th Oscar!!!

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Not really.  They had that Zendaya rumor out for MONTHS.

that was never reported by all the official sources that this is (hollywood reporter, variety etc) it was reported by all these fringe sources and then went viral. So then she was asked about it  and then her response was then reported by stuff like hollywood reporter 

Edited by ban1o

Love this choice and I'm glad he isn't playing Elvis because I wouldn't want to see him in that role. He may not be the most conventionally attractive man but his charisma and talent makes up for it. This and Mulan are now the Disney remakes I'm most excited to see. 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Ha. Just saw this and I don't buy that it isn't close to a done deal. Perhaps Harry is holding out for more but I'd be surprised if Disney put this out there without being sure they could close the deal. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

I just have a feeling the Elvis movie is going to be controversial. Sure ppl will hate on this movie but in the end it will be a family movie people will go see. I really think people are underestimating the potentially controversy of the Elvis movie, and I'm a huge Baz Luhrmann fan. Like I think he's brilliant. Moulin Rouge is one of my top 5 favourite movie. 

Like sure Elvis probably a more interesting role and might do well but I feel like Elvis's name is going to be dragged by the media which will hurt awards prospects. Also the reviews for the last few Baz projects are sorta mixed . We'll see next year which would have been better for Harry though lmao. 

Edited by ban1o

now people are not happy about the possible Styles hire?  I was checked out of this movie once I heard about Melissa McCarthy :P   I only know about the current news because all this was posted in the Classic conversation thread lol