CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

12 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol Did you actually read my posts? I have zero issues with lack of casting. I just said in my last post that we don't need a full casting announcement right now. If shooting starts in January, that's 5 months from now, which is pretty soon. Why wouldn't they acknowledge the movie at D23, as they have done with every other live action movie? 

To be fair, every movie highlighted D23 this year is either currently being made or is in the can. Only really far out announcement we got was Black Panther 2's release date. They probably wanted to keep the focus entirely on those.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, every movie highlighted D23 this year is either currently being made or is in the can. Only really far out announcement we got was Black Panther 2's release date. They probably wanted to keep the focus entirely on those.

Yes, but if the movie starts filming in January and ends up with that July 2021 release date, I would think they'd want to acknowledge the movie now, as it may very well be out by the time the next expo is set. I'm sure we'll know more in the coming months but that they completely ignored it at this D23 points to some uncertainty to me. 

2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Yes, but if the movie starts filming in January and ends up with that July 2021 release date, I would think they'd want to acknowledge the movie now, as it may very well be out by the time the next expo is set. I'm sure we'll know more in the coming months but that they completely ignored it at this D23 points to some uncertainty to me. 

You're over thinking this with no facts to back that up.  2020 still is a bit far off. They could acknowledge the full cast by next week for all we know. Yes them not showing anything at D23 is weird but that does not mean that the film is being pushed back. Even if they're delays. The delay will only be about a month or two meaning the film will still come out in late 2021 early 2022 .

Edited by superheavysun

2 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Not the movie, but obviously related, and I'm sure some would be curious. LOL @ whatever the hell John Stamos is wearing. Hilarious he got top billing for a character who was only in the movie for two minutes.

But he has the best song. :ph34r: