CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

I still can't believe they didn't cast a redhead to play Ariel.

13 hours ago, jedijake said:

What the heck is up with her hips in that Variety cover photo?

I think it's meant to mimick the shape of a mermaid's lower half.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

34 minutes ago, Agafin said:

I still can't believe they didn't cast a redhead to play Ariel.

I think it's meant to mimick the shape of a mermaid's lower half.

Just two posts above you the director said that Halle will have red hair....

• Like 1

At first I was surprised about the casting of Halie. Basically a knee-jerk reaction. I wasn't upset but surprised. But then I heard her voice, saw her mannerisms, etc. And now she REALLY seems like Ariel. Cute as a button (not trying to be pervy just saying), outstanding voice and has the innocence. Can't wait to see her knock it out of the park!!!

• Like 1

Doesn't look that bad but some of her full body swimming shots look too CG and greenscreen'd. Also I'm not sure about adding 4 new songs. The original is a tight, brisk 90mins. No fat on it. When they turned Beauty and the Beast live action and added songs and explanations for why her mom died, it was so flabby. Those Disney animated films flowed so well, nothing felt unnecessary.

Edited by Flopped

25 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The racist already in droves on Youtube, who else is shocked the teaser is being downvoted to hell already? I swear Youtube is the pits.

Yes, I'm sure it's racism and not that people are repulsed and/or tired of these creatively bankrupt cash grab remakes of beloved movies by Disney.

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Yes, I'm sure it's racism and not that people are repulsed and/or tired of these creatively bankrupt cash grab remakes of beloved movies by Disney.

It's racism bud. Many people don't like the fact Ariel is not white and calling Disney woke because of it. If you're too naive to see it, well that's on you.

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Yes. That is exactly what it is. Come on now

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

They're talking about Ariel's skin color. 

Edited by LVB
  • Like 1