CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

On 9/10/2022 at 3:46 PM, Cappoedameron said:

It's okay to say the word racists. It's what it is, clowns are being racist and calling the film"woke" because God forbid Hollywood shows more diversity.

It wasn’t polarizing. A handful of tweets that journalists jumped on does not a controversy make. 

I’m not sold on this but I’ve hated every live action remake, so no surprise there.

People complained about remakes since well before the pandemic and yet Aladdin (despite its 55% RT critic score) got a 96% audience score. Lion King, despite all of the complaints, got an 88% audience score. What has happened since then besides Covid? Did Covid turn the world into a steaming pool of hatred?

4 hours ago, jedijake said:

People complained about remakes since well before the pandemic and yet Aladdin (despite its 55% RT critic score) got a 96% audience score. Lion King, despite all of the complaints, got an 88% audience score. What has happened since then besides Covid? Did Covid turn the world into a steaming pool of hatred?

Like Aladdin and lion King was just a rehash of the animated but like less emotion.

Jungle book and Aladdin switch up things a little , was pleasantly surprised by both . 

Will Smith Aladdin was great and I liked he never tried to be like robins Williams version. Noami Scott was great and personally think better than the animated version imo.

Batb was meh

Lionking was souless

Mulan was just terrible . It turns a relatable and genuine fun charcter who uses her whit to succeed and earns respect from her male compatroits into a Tros rey Skywalker like character who can do anything because chi which inherently contradicts the whole theme of the animated version

Add to that laughable chereography and nonsensical third act.

Regarding the audience scores,  family audiences are the easiest to please. I understand Aladdin 's but TLK  88% verified audience for a family film is just good nothing special.

GA found TLK passably good but movie buffs were more critical of it.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

The amount of people who care about the race of Ariel is like .00001% society, many of them just have obnoxious twitter accounts and/or know how to create bots.

Remember all the freak outs from Catwoman and Gordon being black in The Batman? Me neither, because basically nobody even noticed. It's 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

The amount of people who care about the race of Ariel is like .00001% society, many of them just have obnoxious twitter accounts and/or know how to create bots.

Remember all the freak outs from Catwoman and Gordon being black in The Batman? Me neither, because basically nobody even noticed. It's 2022.

Media gives this poeple way too much attention.

Since Ghostbusters 16 and TlJ such vocal minorities have started dominating the movie conversation even drowning out any criticisms .

Disney Lucas film can't go a second without acknowledging them and worst of all they appease them . TROS was a result of focusing on the negative aspect of tlj criticism.

All this shit is just fueling the discourse more and more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I don’t care that she’s black(as I am too) but it becomes increasingly hard to deny that there is a agenda going on with all the race changing in Hollywood especially gingers who are basically being erased from

media.

lol not a ginger-cide truther. I have a tweet about this. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Media gives this poeple way too much attention.

Since Ghostbusters 16 and TlJ such vocal minorities have started dominating the movie conversation even drowning out any criticisms .

Disney Lucas film can't go a second without acknowledging them and worst of all they appease them . TROS was a result of focusing on the negative aspect of tlj criticism.

All this shit is just fueling the discourse more and more.

100% agree.

Since you need an extension to even see the dislikes, they could simply just not report the hate and nobody (or few) would know about it. Well, that's for YT anyway.

Don't make it a problem and it won't be a problem. 

As for box office, not sure about the OW. It is coming out 3 weeks after GOTG3. However, I think it will have great long legs (no pun) UNLESS Disney pulls the plug and puts it onto D+ before Labor Day. My early prediction is between $420-$450 million domestic and about $1.1-$1.3 billion WW.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 2

I find 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Bigger than Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. 

They may have well have just cast prime Beyonce as Ariel. The word all over social media is that the lead is shockingly, likely distractingly beautiful, similar to women reaction to Cavill as Superman. This is going to be enormous hit. 

400M really is the floor for this movie. That trailer has absolutely knocked it out of the park with its target demo of young girls of all races and with plenty of older ones and fans of the animated movie. This could well be the highest grossing movie of the 2023 summer season.