CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

I think this can pull Aladdin numbers. Trailer looks good (minus some of the CG) and people are going to go crazy for it next summer. I don't know if BatB is reachable though, that truly felt like peak hype for these live action remakes. 

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not film twitter making long threads whining about the color grading and water effects when director said yesterday there's nothing finished yet (obviously since it still have nearly 9 months of post) 

When it looks atrocious i understand the complains but it looks fine, just unfinished.

The grading for the stuff they put in a trailer isn't going to change much unless they have a radical change in vision lol. The largest change I've seen in grading was in between those two Black Adam trailers and the last one still has a yellow tinge to it.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

I think this can pull Aladdin numbers. Trailer looks good (minus some of the CG) and people are going to go crazy for it next summer. I don't know if BatB is reachable though, that truly felt like peak hype for these live action remakes. 

BATB was just the perfect storm. And Emma Watson was the truly perfect casting out of all these classic reimaginations.

I’m not saying Halle isn’t perfect as Ariel, but her casting has been polarizing for the weirdest reasons.

59 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

BATB was just the perfect storm. And Emma Watson was the truly perfect casting out of all these classic reimaginations.

I’m not saying Halle isn’t perfect as Ariel, but her casting has been polarizing for the weirdest reasons.

It's okay to say the word racists. It's what it is, clowns are being racist and calling the film"woke" because God forbid Hollywood shows more diversity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

The hell is that supposed to mean?

Anyway, this looks a TON more beautiful, color popping and vibrant in 4K!

The woman playing Ariel has the face of a high-end super model. Check out those cheekbones.  She is instantly 100x more stunning than say, Emma Watson in BATB.  Her sex appeal is going to be a big part of this films promotion. This woman is about to be VERY famous.

Edited by excel1

6 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

It looks very beautiful, I am sure it will look even better on the big screen. Ariel's voice is also very good. I am not much invested in the movie but I hope it does well only to shut the racists up

It won’t (shut them up I mean). I remember rooting for Ghostbusters 2016, Oceans 8, etc. and yea none of that worked.

On 9/10/2022 at 12:53 PM, DAJK said:

Yup, thinking $350m range. hopefully it is good. the trailer is very promising.

5 hours ago, The GOAT said:

1 million dislikes 

I don't want to say all of that is racism because I'm sure some of it is just people skeptical of remakes by a shitty company, but for the ones that are, they really need to go outside more or something.  I mean if you're actually mad that a hot black chick is playing a cartoon mermaid Disney character, I just don't know what else to say.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2