CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

5 minutes ago, nydedan said:

Halle girl serves vocals and acting and gets praised. That's all that matters. 

That's what most people seeing TLM want....a good Ariel. 

Hovering between 68-70 isn't too bad. Let's hope it doesn't face a complete collapse.

3 minutes ago, joselowe said:

Well… those reviews are a little disappointing to say the least lol

They’re much higher than the last few remakes? Idk what people expected from a rob marshall disney movie given the track record with critics lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

Can RT prevent review bombing with audiences, even with the verified statuses?

I think there will be a battle in RT Audience Score given the controversial nature of this film.

But I do think it has a great chance of getting a A CinemaScore which is at the end of the day all that really matters to the BO performance.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jedijake said:

That's what most people seeing TLM want....a good Ariel. 

Hovering between 68-70 isn't too bad. Let's hope it doesn't face a complete collapse.

I want a good movie too. There's no point to these live action remakes and Disney knows it, so they justify them by taking perfectly crafted 85-90min animated films with no ounce of fat on them, and CRAM in unneeded exposition and new shitty Lin Manuel Miranda songs (the man has no talent, esp compared to Howard Ashman) to deliver a bloated ugly CG-fest. 

Edited by Flopped
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

You can only review if you purchase a ticket first so there will not really be any review bombing.

Yeah. That's the current model for movies in Rotten Tomatoes. This exists to prevent review bombing of movies (they learnt it after The Last Jedi).

So, the audience score in Rotten Tomatoes is from people who have seen the movie.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, nydedan said:

I think there will be a battle in RT Audience Score given the controversial nature of this film.

But I do think it has a great chance of getting a A CinemaScore which is at the end of the day all that really matters to the BO performance.

A lot of the controversy won't affect the RT Audience Score, since only people who buy a ticket could review in the RT Audience Score for movies.

People who already hate the movie won't likely buy a ticket.

Edited by Kon

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I will never not be baffled that people can get excited for this stuff but it’s certainly a relief that the run of classic animated films Disney can make serious bank from nostalgia alone on is over. 

Tangled/Princess and the Frog onwards era won't be far off now!

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I want a good movie too. There's no point to these live action remakes and Disney knows it, so they justify them by taking perfectly crafted 85-90min animated films with no ounce of fat on them, and CRAM in unneeded exposition and new shitty Lin Manuel Miranda songs (the man has no talent, esp compared to Howard Ashman) to deliver a bloated ugly CG-fest. 

I agree with some of this, but the Miranda shade is gob smacking. The man is brilliant. Hamilton a masterpiece that is one of the great pieces of art in theatrical history. I’m not sure how you’d achieve that without having any talent. 

• Like 1