CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

I think I might see Neighbors 2 after Apocalypse. Could always use some more Rose Byrne.giphy.gifPlus the next few weeks are already looking like expensive with Ninja Turtles and Popstar, Now You See Me 2 and The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory and Central Intelligence, and Independence Day and Free State of Jones. Although a couple of these could easily become redbox rentals. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

Looking at the June portuguese schedule, I wanna see TMNT2, Conjuring 2, Warcraft, NYSM2, IDR and Central Intelligence. Maybe Dory as well, I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Alice 2 was at least three years too late.

It will take a miracle for Avatar 2 not to drop DOM and WW by at least 50 percent.

Avatar is another movie that benefited greatly from the novelty of 3D and has a sequel that is taking way too long to come out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm not saying Sacha Cohen and Chloe Moretz are box office poison but it can't be a coincidence their movies almost always flop.

They didn't write the screenplay, direct or produce it.   They just aren't big enough stars (no one really is now) to boost a movie that sits 27% on RT

Considering the source material available for these movies it's a crime that they're so bad.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It will take a miracle for Avatar 2 not to drop DOM and WW by at least 50 percent.

Avatar is another movie that benefited greatly from the novelty of 3D and has a sequel that is taking way too long to come out.

Do not let Kal or other Cameron fanatics see this post :ph34r:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The difference is that the audience has shown it will be turn up for really good 3D experiences like Gravity, Life of Pi or Jungle Book. Avatar 2 will fall from the first, but Cameron will ensure that the 3D is pretty much top notch and the movie is a must-see in 3D. Alice 1 and Clash of the titans pretty much just said "Here is a movie in 3D, watch it" and the sequels while they had better 3D, the 3D is not a necessity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Independence Day is my most anticipated film next month, I hope it revs up the disasters!

It's being released on my birthday so I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint. The last movie I got to see on my birthday was Bad Teacher so It was nice to see that the sequel to my favorite disaster movie is being released on the 24th.

• Like 3