CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Why are u acting like a jerk so often now?

By not liking movies that other people like ? Care to show me some personal insults in my posts , as opposed to personal insults l am taking, usually without responding . Hell look at our latest argument , me: apocalypse is shit. , you :you are hilarious . Maybe you should appreciate that I usually don't respond to personal insults and just post my opinion about a movie . Now if most movies these days are shit, it's not my fault . 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Let's be honest, Antman's run wasn't that good. That movie was only seen by the marvel diehard and failed to reach outside. It's run was crap.

Um.. yes it was, it opened to $57m and had over a 3.1x multiplier and was about a character hardly anyone knew about, it helped that it had a fairly modest budget, but it made over $500m ww in the end. considering they are doing a sequel, there is no way to look at it but a resounding success for Marvel.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Let's be honest, Antman's run wasn't that good. That movie was only seen by the marvel diehard and failed to reach outside that fandom. It's run was crap.

And like the ants it is associated with, it endured extremely well, and I find it hard to believe that people are already forgetting this less than a year later, but at one point, it was making more per day than 2015 Fantastic Four, even though Ant-Man had been out longer.  It's F4 that had the horrid run.

1 minute ago, Outrageous! said:

And like the ants it is associated with, it endured extremely well, and I find it hard to believe that people are already forgetting this less than a year later, but at one point, it was making more per day than 2015 Fantastic Four, even though Ant-Man had been out longer.  It's F4 that had the horrid run.

Beating that movie is not something to brag about.

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Considering the concept of Antman was laughable to most GA people and half the fanboys were pissed off cause of Edgar Wright being booted, it did pretty great.

And considering that Antman never sold that much even with Comics, i think it's a resounding success.

• Like 1

Ant-Man's run wasn't good? So reaching 180M+ off a 57M opening DOM, and reaching over 500M+ WW off a ~160-170M PTA included budget is bad? The same Ant-Man starring Paul Rudd? Come the fuck on, people. Unless you had billion dollar expectations for it, which I don't know why you would've, no way you can consider it a bad run.

• Like 1

The Jungle Book and Zootopia have done phenomenally well.

CW is heading for around 400. Just as expected.

X men Apocalypse is below expectations but not by a big margin.

Alice is a legitimate bomb. Depp is BO poison. This is a sequel to a movie which most did not care for and benefited heavily due to 3D.

• Like 5

@BOXOFFICE accidently tweeted their 4-day projection for CIVIL WAR even though they say '3-day'

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR makes an estimated $15.13M 3-day weekend and has earned $376.9M to date.

It actually has earned 372.6M to date. So they are expecting 4.3m on Monday (-19.5% from 5.34m Sunday) for a 19.4m 4-day.