CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

17 minutes ago, Chewy said:

They spent a fuckton blowing up a city and it's gonna drop 150M from the last one, it ain't good. Prepare for the X-Men franchise to become Deadpool-centric

I wouldn't have a problem with that. I loved Deadpool just as much as I loved Apocalypse.

If Reynolds is the Downey Jr of Fox, so be it. Give him the money, bring Tim Miller, fire Kinberg and keep Singer as producer ( or director for X-Force or a new X-men )

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Wouldnt be surprised if there was something in the contracts preventing this. Fox couldn't have Ryan Reynolds suit up as the character for live events for the similar reasons.

They had Deadpool introduce the Fantastic 4 trailer. Doubt if contracts run that deep. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

Deadpool 2 might have to be the greatest superhero movie in history.

There's so much riding on it. Remember what happened to all of Sony's plans after TASM 2 flopped/sucked?

I have no doubts that Deadpool 2 will deliver and for one reason only. It's made by fans for the fans. The people who are working on it understand the character. From Tim Miller, to Ryan Reynolds, to the screen writers, to even having Rob Liefeld give his input. And now that they'll have more to work with in terms of characters and what not, I fully expect to have a great Deadpool sequel. 

TASM 2 was clearly made by people who didn't understand Spiderman whatsoever and just assumed if they put Spiderman on the screen the money and positive reception would rain down on them. 

Just now, RichWS said:

Increasingly convinced people aren't joking about Tim Miller anymore. 

Tim Miller is the saviour of the X-Men franchise. Hail Tim Miller.

• Like 2

Apocalypse was a decent movie.  I can see and understand the mixed reactions but overall, I still had fun with the movie and I don't think it is bad by any stretch

Edited by 75live
  • Like 3

Just now, 75live said:

Apocalypse was a decent movie.  I can see the mixed reactions but overall, I still had fun with the movie and I don't think it is bad by any stretch

You don't wanna knock the critics or people who didn't like it? Very odd.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

You don't wanna knock the critics or people who didn't like it? Very odd.

oh is that the new, hip thing to do?  I'll have to work on that for next time ;) 

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Tim Miller is the saviour of the X-Men franchise. Hail Tim Miller.

Now people can finally see that Singer was a false god.

Snyder >>>>>>>> Singer.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Increasingly convinced people aren't joking about Tim Miller anymore. 

He finally got it right, legend Tim Miller

• Like 1